Two Firsts Today
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> Small Game Hunting

#16: Re: Two Firsts Today Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:19 am
    ----
If your planning on eating them, go for the head shot, then you get to watch their tail spin!!! Very Happy

#17: Re: Two Firsts Today Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:31 pm
    ----
so Joe...how the rifle going now???? still sticking with that same recipe or have you swapped projectiles???
nice shooting by the way.
what sort of speed is that load doing??

#18: Re: Two Firsts Today Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:37 pm
    ----
Elvis,

Unfortunately, the rifle has barely seen the outside of the safe (except to clean and oil it) since my move to the Western US. I really have no reason to change anything as far as my reloads go and have never fired it over a chronograph.

It's sighted in 2" high @ 100 yds and I remember holding right at the top of the groundhog's head when he stood up. the bullet hit dead center of the chest cavity

#19: Re: Two Firsts Today Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:51 pm
    ----
a man after my own heart....if load works dont change it and keep that plurry chrony away or you will just stuff it up.

#20: Re: Two Firsts Today Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:51 pm
    ----
I take that back....

I looked at the targets I have saved. It's sighted dead on @ 100 yds....

-> Small Game Hunting