Deja vu all over again!
-> Varmint Hunting

#1: Deja vu all over again! Author: DawgdadLocation: On the Prairie PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:42 pm
    ----
I believe I posted on here last year about the coyote that lept at my speaker out of dense cover just as I clicked the volume on the caller to max and hit play. That yote was more surprised than I was and shot straight up in the air and was off like a rocket before I could even pick up my gun - even then I was laughing so hard I couldn't have shot him anyway.

Well.... Saturday afternoon I had my nephew and his brother in law out on a stand in the same area. We spread out along the east side of a clearing with a creek behind us and a south east breeze. We expected the cover and the wind would have the yotes coming in from the west or north west and were in ambush positions for just such an approach. I set the speaker about 20 yards south of me and settled into a blow down. With everyone in position I let the woods settle for a few minutes and punched the rabbit distress button on the Phantom caller. After the first cycle was complete (about thirty seconds) I was reaching to push it again when from about 25 feet to my left a yote goes flying through the air over the branches of the blow down I was sitting against! He stuck his nose into the speaker just as the caller started wailing again and bolted off in a hurry. I pulled up the rifle just as he ran straight in line with the other hunters so I could not shoot. They were both looking the opposite direction and were startled when he cleared the shooting lane and I fired and missed. So did the others! 8 shots fired and all we had to show for it was a yellow stripe of K9P in the snow as the yote made tracks for the next County!

#2: Re: Deja vu all over again! Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:37 am
    ----
Haha Haha Haha Haha Haha

Love to have seen that mate.

Cheers, Vince

#3: Re: Deja vu all over again! Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:54 pm
    ----
That's when you wish you were taping your hunts....

-> Varmint Hunting