Used guns
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#1: Used guns Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:15 am
    ----
I was in a gun shop yesterday that was about as busy as anything I have ever seen. On the rack were several used Ithaca Model 37 pump shotguns. The nicest one was a 12 gauge from the 1960s that was absolutely in mint condition. I haggled a bit with the shop owner and bought it. I never pass up a decent and cheap Ithaca Model 37.

There was a Marlin Model 783 .22 Magnum bolt action with a tubular magazine and it was cheap. I looked it over and at first thought it had been in a fire. The last eight inches of the barrel exterior were absolute moonscape. However, the stock and the action were beautiful so fire damage seemed unlikely. I asked the shop owner what happened to the rifle. He said a fellow had stored it in a barn and the muzzle end got wet and rusted and pitted. The previous owner painted the rough metal. What a shame. I passed on the rifle because it did not appear to be salvageable and the cost of a new barrel would be excessive. All the best...
Gil

#2: Re: Used guns Author: codybrownLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:33 am
    ----
I also keep my eye out for nice used guns. I can't afford to buy new ones, and if you watch, you can buy used guns in almost new condition and save money.

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions