ELK SHOT AND RAVAGED BY POACHER
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  :| |:
-> Big Game Hunting

#46: Re: ELK SHOT AND RAVAGED BY POACHER Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:00 am
    ----
My neighbors, including my wife's cousin, all know me and my ethics, but I always ask them permission and they return the consideration!
I think the trespass thing is indiciative of our society and its general lack of respect for law and other people!! My rights stop where yours begin and too few people believe that.

#47: Re: ELK SHOT AND RAVAGED BY POACHER Author: lesterg3Location: Dixie PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:42 am
    ----
Thanks guys, Very Happy

But, I think we have beaten this horse way beyond death,

As far as the difference between privileges and rights, I don’t believe there are any. If you choose (or in some cases not choose, due to your birth location ) to live in a country that is controlled by a Government you either enjoy privileges or you do not at the whim of that government.

If you do not agree with what the government is doing you three choices; leave and live somewhere where the privileges are more suitable to your liking, accept that the government makes the rules we live by, or lastly, over throw the government.

I think most US citizens have been so privileged for so long that we tend to forget what can be taken away from us at the whim of our Government, Washing DC’s handgun ban is a point, President’s who have in the past violated our Constitution, and personal rights/privileges , Bush and Lincoln to name two but there were many more.

I just think folks should be aware, what we have in the US is fragile and we come closer everyday to loosing some of our rights/privileges.

Did you know that 32 states have voted for a Constitutional Convention, they only need two more states to make it happen. The last one took place from May 25 to September 17, 1787 and is basically where our current Constitution came from, if you knew that the Liberals wanted another Constitutional Convention then congratulations. But, you have to ask yourselves why the Liberals want a new Convention. The answer, it is the only way to massively overhaul the privileges grated us in the current Constitution.

Don’t think hunting is a privilege, where do you live, what country, what world, what planet? I hate to loose mine, and will fight to the bitter end. But others have lost and our privileges are at stake today.

Wake up. Shocked

This is my last posting on this thread, and I will not come back to it. It’s been great fun, but I goota go see what’s going on elsewhere. This is a great site, and while I may argue with you I do respect you and your opinions. Very Happy

#48: Re: ELK SHOT AND RAVAGED BY POACHER Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:51 am
    ----
Me too, and we will talk again!

#49: Re: ELK SHOT AND RAVAGED BY POACHER Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:02 pm
    ----
lesterg3 wrote:
If you choose (or in some cases not choose, due to your birth location ) to live in a country that is controlled by a Government you either enjoy privileges or you do not at the whim of that government.

So what your saying is you believe the government should have absolute control and its their job to put you in your place. Sounds like left wing talk of the government knows best.

Last I checked a Democracy was "For the people" and the United States in specific was founded "By the people for the people". Not for the betterment of the government.

But what ever floats your boat if you'd rather have a dictatorship.

Dimitri

#50: Re: ELK SHOT AND RAVAGED BY POACHER Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:28 pm
    ----
Simple common courtesy would dictate that you ask someone's permission before using their property, whether it be a hand tool or a path in the woods. A neighbor allowed me to walk across their property to the river with two stipulations: no hunting and don't damage any crops planted. When they sold the land I quit walking there until I could contact the new owner to ask his permission. Again, simple courtesy.

#51: Re: ELK SHOT AND RAVAGED BY POACHER Author: CrackshotLocation: Mich PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:43 pm
    ----
I wonder what the small game license fee was 150 years ago? Shocked

License fees are there only because Government created YET another Branch of GOVERNMENT to collect yet ANOTHER fee/TAX.

OH why do I bother? the term SHEEPLE definately applies. The Government has you trained. Why am I supprised OSAMA/OBAMA got elected?? Sad

-> Big Game Hunting