How's everyones hunting season going?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 45, 46, 47  Next  :| |:
-> Big Game Hunting

#61: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:16 am
    ----
Wonder what happened with Cary and the hogs?

#62: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:47 am
    ----
Hogs won?

#63: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: glockman55Location: Michigan PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:51 am
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
Hogs won?
LOL that's too bad.. gonna miss him.

#64: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: slots918 PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:34 am
    ----
Plan for Elk season:
Scout; seen 9 bulls on the next ridge over from camp site. 4, 6 pointers
1. day before Thanksgiving, half day off, set up camp
2. Thanksgiving, home and eat, return to camp
3. day after Thanksgiving, HUNT

#65: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: GrantLocation: Grande Prairie, Alberta PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:33 pm
    ----
Well, after 8 days of my Moose and Mule deer hunt, all I was seeing was cows, calves, does and wolves.

I finally found this big fellow with several does. I spotted the does first, glassed them and saw only flat tops. I was just looking around when I saw something that looked odd, brought the binoculars back up and my jaw dropped when I realized what I was looking at. All I saw was antlers! I settled myself down, grabbed my shooting sticks and took careful aim. Dumped him where he stood up on this ridge with my 270 at about 250 yards. He is my largest Mule deer to date! I'll let ya know what he scores when I get a chance to score him.

I'm home for tonight, them off for two more days of chasin bull Moose.

#66: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: glockman55Location: Michigan PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:45 pm
    ----
Congrats on a nice Muley..good job

#67: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: GrantLocation: Grande Prairie, Alberta PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:35 pm
    ----
I just gave it a quick scoring using the Boone & Crockett online calculator..... Completely unofficial of course....178 6/8..That is 34 inches larger than my next largest Mule!!! I will have to get this one score officially I think.

I'm a happy camper I can tell ya!.....

#68: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: OntheLasGallinasLocation: South Texas PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:47 pm
    ----
Now Bushy, the hogs ain't won, until I give up, and I ain't givin' up! I've had several close encounters with them about an hour before daylight. The main point, is that I'm still after them.

Cary

#69: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:22 pm
    ----
Whew...We had thought that the hogs might have taken up arms [fangs, hooves and snouts] and attacked you and been successful...

Grant...That is a beautiful animal you have there. Congratulations...Well done...

#70: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:40 pm
    ----
Well done Grant....that's one nice lookin' critter mate.

At a glance, I score it at about 9 maybe 10....lemons that is...9 or 10 lemons to get the smile off'n your face. Very Happy Very Happy Laughing

Cheers, Vince

#71: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: GrantLocation: Grande Prairie, Alberta PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:08 pm
    ----
Thanx guys, I do have an ear to ear Vince. ... Very Happy ..What a day!

Here is a pic of this mornings sunrise. Ya have to know you're going to have a good day after seeing this first thing!

#72: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: prisonpolice PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:27 pm
    ----
Here in Ohio its bow season. I'm a avid bow hunter for white tail deer. Been seeing lots of does and several great bucks. Passed on some small bucks. Its the start of the rut here. Gun season starts the first full week after turkey day (Thanksgiving). I will be hunting with a 454 Taurus Raging Bull Very Happy Can not waite. November 22 and 23 rd is youth season for gun and I hope my 14yr old daughter goes out and shows me how its done and gets one of several big bucks I have seen out of my stand. Well I wish everyone well and happy Holidays and safe hunting. PP

#73: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: glockman55Location: Michigan PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:40 pm
    ----
Welcome to the Forum Prisonpolice..glad to see some more northern boys join in.

#74: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: OntheLasGallinasLocation: South Texas PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:29 am
    ----
prisonpolice,

Welcome to our forum. You'll find a lot of good converstation here. Glad you're having a good hunting season. Down in this part of the country (brush country of Texas), the rut doesn't start until the middle of December, unless we have an early winter. A little farther south, it doesn't start until the last week of the year sometimes. Let us know (hopefully with pictures), how the season goes.

Cary

#75: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:57 am
    ----
Cary...Aren't supposed to be dealing with your pig problem?

-> Big Game Hunting