How's everyones hunting season going?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 45, 46, 47  Next  :| |:
-> Big Game Hunting

#166: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:28 pm
    ----
That's nice shooting in anybody's book fnuser.

Congratulations.

Eric

#167: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: OntheLasGallinasLocation: South Texas PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:14 am
    ----
Everything was clean, that's what was confusing. The only thing I'm not sure of is if a small bug might have crawled into the barrel. The top of the primer blew out with the remainder left in the shell.

Cary

#168: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: 270WSMVICTORYLocation: Mechanicsville Va. PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:17 am
    ----
It's been awhile since I've been here, I thought I'd show how my hunting season went, I bought a Tikka T3 270WSM at the end of last years hunting season so I didn't get to hunt with it for about 9 months and I just love this rifle so It was killing me just to look at it for 9 months but I can say it was worth the wait, the best hunting season ever was waiting for me at the end of those 9 months, here's some pictures of the Bucks I took with this amazing caliber.

#169: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:29 am
    ----
That is a nice looking pair of critters 270. Well done mate.

Cheers, Vince

#170: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:45 am
    ----
GOOD JOB!!!!!!!

#171: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:53 pm
    ----
Great deer 270 congrats Very Happy
Joe

#172: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: 270WSMVICTORYLocation: Mechanicsville Va. PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:06 pm
    ----
Thanks guys, I got both of these boys on Christmas day, one of my buddies ended up finishing off the 8 ptr. but it wasn't going anywhere. It had jumped in the river and he when in and got it. Two years in a row winning the Buck Pool at our club. Later guys!

#173: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: GrantLocation: Grande Prairie, Alberta PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:59 am
    ----
Hiya fellow hunters!

Been awhile since I've been by this way. So much has happened since last season, moved, new job, yadda, yadda.

So, Been only hunting the last 4-5 days this year so far, I'm in Alberta now. Two nights ago, I called in my very first Bull Elk, didn't get to a shot, wind betrayed me, but was that exciting.

So, we went back last night, too windy and the bulls were not really active at all, only got a couple answers from far off. On the way out, a beauty Whitetail buck was doing a rub, needless to say, I popped one off from my 270 at him. I hit him hard, but he ran into some seriously thick crap. When we couldn't find him fairly quickly, we decided to back out and wait till this morning to recover. (Not to mention I fell into some sort of den in the dark and twisted my ankle a wee bit..LOL)

Just have to drop the better half off at work here in a few minutes, then my buddy and I are off to find my buck, wish me luck!

#174: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:10 am
    ----
Good luck!!! Let us know how it turns out!!!

#175: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: GrantLocation: Grande Prairie, Alberta PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:09 pm
    ----
Didn't turn out too bad....he was bigger than I thought actually. I'm pleased with my first Whitetail. I've always been in areas that held either only Mule deer or very few Whitetails...No more Moose and Mule season, now it's Elk and Whitetails.

#176: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:50 pm
    ----
That'll do! Congrats!

#177: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:00 pm
    ----
Nice critter Grant...there's a few BBQs in that fella mate.

Well done

Cheers, Vince

#178: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:28 am
    ----
Also note that Grant is SMILING in his picture... Wink

#179: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:12 pm
    ----
Very nice deer Grant! Well my first day was yesterday and I've been watching my favorite secret spot for a year now and noticed several small bucks nothing to brag about but promising anyway. My parking spot was empty when I got there and so I started up the hill with my Army surplus poncho, day-pack and 30-30 at the ready. This place is all hill, no flat spots but lots of clearings and hidey-holes. Once you get up the initial 50 ft or so of well worn very steep deer trail you can stand more upright and slog on with nice thick moss underfoot. This time though, I got past the first 50ft incline and stopped to catch my breath, looked around a bit while my breathing quieted down and noticed a blaze orange vest moving around about another 20ft or so in front of me. Don't know where he came from, no cars where I parked but he must have come up the same way I did. I waited for him to look my way and I waved my hat at him. Couldn't tell if he noticed me or not as there were some small bushes between us, so I plodded my way up to him. Got down to his face and whispered "don't cha hate it when some one else finds your favorite spot?"
He just said "yeah sh-- happens". So anyway I decided he wasn't going to spoil anything, I'll leave him here and go on up higher. I told him what I was going to do and climbed up higher where the clear spots were and I was out of his sight and line of fire. I put my backpack on a tree where anybody could see it and sat below it looking up-hill and at the ready. I started paying particular attention to the very top of the hill because that's where I saw a nice buck one time last year. Then I noticed some movement, another hunter! A little spot of blaze-orange hat bobbing around at the top of the hill. Now I'm surrounded and pissed. I still don't know how the heck they got up there without me seeing where they parked their car. I stuck around a while and then moved over to another side of the hill and then on down back to my truck. Still no vehicles down there. The first guy I encountered was walking on the road towards me and so we talked a while, said there were too many people up there, he was a high school kid shooting his dad's 45-70 and had a walkie-talkie to talk to him. His dad dropped him off and then went for a beer run...great father-son thing. Well I can't really criticize, my dad used to buy me beer when I was in high school..... anyway better luck next time I guess. I hate opening day on a Saturday and a full moon to boot. It was raining a bit, but the moon was bright that night. This week I can get up there on Thurs. and Friday, maybe the crowd will be watching the game on tv. Double cross my fingers!

Suz

#180: Re: How's everyones hunting season going? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:51 pm
    ----
Bit of bad luck there Suz...but then again...as the young fella said...sh1t happens.

I'll cross some fingers fer ya too mate...with some luck you'll get up there...not be another hunter for miles, and the place will be crawling with record bucks.

Cheers, Vince

-> Big Game Hunting