Custom T/C Encore...
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#1: Custom T/C Encore... Author: Deer Sniper PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:24 pm
    ----
I just finished building this T/C Encore and thought I'd post a couple pictures over here for you to drool over Very Happy . I hope you like them....

D-S

#2: Re: Custom T/C Encore... Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:58 pm
    ----
Great lookin rig!!

Hows about some details though?

What about the hammer spur? (I need one for my .50 cal ML barrel)

#3: Re: Custom T/C Encore... Author: Deer Sniper PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:53 pm
    ----
Thank's hunterjoe21...

I made this barrel by my patented method of "BARREL STUBBING"...

Here is a spec list -

BARREL STUB...

Match Grade stainless steel barrel...

Chambered for 357 Maximum - Match...

Barrel twist - 1-20"

26" overall barrel length, including brake...

Muzzle Brake...

Barrel set back to .002 headspace...

Bellm oversize hinge pin...

Bellm heavy duty barrel locking lug spring...

Custom stock set with pillar bedded forend...

Custom scope base...

Burris Signature Zee rings w/nylon inserts...

Any other questions, just ask!

As far as hammer spurs for the T/C Encore, I sell them for $16.95 each plus shipping or 2 for $30 plus shipping. These are designed specifcally for the T/C Encore and G2 Contender....

D-S

#4: Re: Custom T/C Encore... Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:35 am
    ----
Some nice work there! Thanks for sharing the pics!

#5: Re: Custom T/C Encore... Author: skb2706 PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:40 am
    ----
Very nice looking rifle. What bullets are you shooting in it and is there any particle reason why you went with the 1-20 twist as opposed to the faster 1-14 or 1-18.

#6: Re: Custom T/C Encore... Author: Deer Sniper PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:23 pm
    ----
Thank you Mike and you are more than welcome....

skb2706,

this rifle is going to a customer in Indiania for "deer hunting". The 1-20" twist was chosen because the heaviest bullet weight that will be used is 180 gr.. Also, the 1-20" twist rate will allow for an extra velocity gain of some 150 to 200 fps. over the more standard 1-14" twist....

D-S

#7: Re: Custom T/C Encore... Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:03 pm
    ----
lkjsd;l ;'lka;lkads

#8: Re: Custom T/C Encore... Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:05 pm
    ----
that was my keeboard shortcircuited from my droll..

#9: Re: Custom T/C Encore... Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:43 pm
    ----
A very nice rifle DS. Seems that your work is every bit as good as a now "retired" member we used to have here.

Did you make the stock as well or is it a commercial item? I'm starting to see more laminated stocks, but I must admit I am a pretty traditional sort of a guy and much prefer a nice piece of well grained solid timber.

Cheers, Vince

#10: Re: Custom T/C Encore... Author: Deer Sniper PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:58 pm
    ----
Thank you Vince...

This was my first attempt at stock making and with all the time involved in it, I won't be making another one anytime soon....

D-S

#11: Re: Custom T/C Encore... Author: whittlingLocation: Texas (home state is Mass) PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:35 am
    ----
Great gun!! good luck getting a deer !!

#12: Re: Custom T/C Encore... Author: skb2706 PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:23 am
    ----
two questions I have about "barrel stubbing"...I am familiar with how you do it but -
Does the scope mount attach to the stub or the barrel or both ?

Who assumes liability if the barrel lug weld should fail - the original manufacturer or you as the after market modifier ?

#13: Re: Custom T/C Encore... Author: Deer Sniper PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:46 pm
    ----
Depending on the barrel contour, length and weight, I will usually attach the base to the barrel...

I Rockwell test the weld and the stub before I ever start machining. I also do not and will not rebarrel with a questionable caliber that might over stress the weld in the first place....

D-S

#14: Re: Custom T/C Encore... Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:08 pm
    ----
My drool dries up from the keeboard already Smile

Very nice!!
I just notice that it is another "lefty" gun..

How much "stub" do you leave off the original around the breech DS?

#15: Re: Custom T/C Encore... Author: Deer Sniper PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:15 pm
    ----
This is NOT just a lefty but an ambidextrous style stock...

When I STUB an Encore factory barrel, I cut the barrel back enough to remove all the "taper" to where I am just working with the straight shank section of the chamber / lug area....

D-S

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions