BLEEEUUUCH...What a day !!
-> Spam-O-Rama

#1: BLEEEUUUCH...What a day !! Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:37 am
    ----
I didn't realise just how bad my day had been, well the last couple of days actually, until my daughter asked me "How was your day?" I thought about it for a second or so and could only reply "bloody terrible, but thanks for asking".

Patience my butt...I gotta go kill something.

The last three times my mate and I have made plans to go hunting, one thing or another has stopped it. The mate's wedding anniversary, Mothers' Day then last weekend rain. Normally rain doesn't stop me, but this time is was VERY cold in the area we hunt and VERY cold + rain = sleet. Not even remotely comfortable.

Oh well...maybe I need to have a whisky or three and try to relax.

Cheers, Vince

#2: Re: BLEEEUUUCH...What a day !! Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:57 am
    ----
Hang in there Buddy Very Happy It will get better.
Joe

#3: Re: BLEEEUUUCH...What a day !! Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:55 am
    ----
WHAT??!!?? "VERY cold + rain = sleet". But I thought you Aussies were a tough bunch? Go have those whiskeys. You WILL feel better... Smile

#4: Re: BLEEEUUUCH...What a day !! Author: popgunLocation: Mitchell, GA, U.S.A. (2007 pop. 191) PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:11 pm
    ----
If all else fails go sit on your veranda with your rifle and wait for some deserving varmint to pass by. Shocked
Now if you tell me that your home is in a populated area. wtf Confused Sad Confused ..well then brother it is time to move to the outback where you can have some fun. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Cool Cool Cool

#5: Re: BLEEEUUUCH...What a day !! Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:21 pm
    ----
Like sit on your veranda and shoot "some deserving varmint" as it passes by...

If memory serves me, Popgun...He's a city dweller. Though there could be a few derrilicts passing by that could accommadate....

#6: Re: BLEEEUUUCH...What a day !! Author: popgunLocation: Mitchell, GA, U.S.A. (2007 pop. 191) PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:30 pm
    ----
Gosh! I live in the city and shoot off the front porch all the time. Of course this city has only 173 fellow shooters for neighbors. Very Happy We catch those coyotes and crows in a crossfire all the time. It's all location, location, location. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing

#7: Re: BLEEEUUUCH...What a day !! Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:59 pm
    ----
What a "cupcake" Vince.

A little sleet?
A little rain?

Sounds like good Duck Weather to me. Very Happy

Dang "City Boys" wtf

Eric

#8: Re: BLEEEUUUCH...What a day !! Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:40 pm
    ----
popgun wrote:
If all else fails go sit on your veranda with your rifle and wait for some deserving varmint to pass by. Shocked
Now if you tell me that your home is in a populated area. wtf Confused Sad Confused ..well then brother it is time to move to the outback where you can have some fun. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Cool Cool Cool

Mate, I would love to be able to do that....there are far too many crows around here that need shootin'. Apart from that, the only "things" that I see from my front door (no porch, I at ground level) are extremely fit young ladies and the ocassional guy running past.

I would love to move to the outback, in fact my dream is to own 100,000 acres so I can put my house in a good spot...the middle sounds great...and surround myself with paddocks of huntable game...I would be in heaven...and I'd invite everyone that I know to visit.

Those whiskies certainly helped.

Cheers, Vince

#9: Re: BLEEEUUUCH...What a day !! Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:12 pm
    ----
Hang in there Vince..
Thew weather caught us down south too! No shooting for the last 3 weeks!!

My trigger finger is itchy!!

#10: Re: BLEEEUUUCH...What a day !! Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:51 am
    ----
Just remembered why I don't shoot the crows around here....its a $25,000 fine per bird just for killing them (they are protected in the city)...then there is the problems you have to face for infringing the firearms laws.

Cheers, Vince

#11: Re: BLEEEUUUCH...What a day !! Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:03 am
    ----
shrpshtrjoe wrote:
Hang in there Buddy Very Happy It will get better.
Joe

Thanks Joe. The whiskies certainly helped mate, although maybe I need to do as 'Mitri does...go and clean my rifles again...just so I can fondle them a little. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Erica wrote:
What a "cupcake" Vince.

A little sleet?
A little rain?

Sounds like good Duck Weather to me. Very Happy

Dang "City Boys" wtf

Eric

Hey mate, ya gotta remember that I live in a sub-tropical area. Its 11pm , and the first week of Winter and I am sitting here in just a pair of shorts.

I really enjoy snow, but its been about 20 years since I last saw some. Sleet is just plain nasty. Too wet to be comfortable and too cold to even sit around the fire and drink Port. Laughing Laughing Rain is not a problem, although where we camp got a heap and we wouldn't have been able to get in there because the creek was up...big time.

Gelan of the Squib Load and Blocked Barrel wrote:
Hang in there Vince..
Thew weather caught us down south too! No shooting for the last 3 weeks!!

My trigger finger is itchy!!

I hear ya buddy, although I will never complain about rain after the drought we have just been through. We are still below 40% in our dams. Mad

Cheers, Vince

-> Spam-O-Rama