How Many Rimfires ?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#46: Re: How Many Rimfires ? Author: roimon13Location: Australia-Illawarra PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:05 pm
    ----
Been a while since I was on so this is a bit late but it doesn't matter.
3 for me and soon to be 4
a .22 voere bolt action, nice and consitently accurate
a .22 Brno model 1, found that one in geelong vic. it shots well also
a .22 lever action Henry that I am baby sittting for my daughter until she reaches the age.
and as soon as I get my permit to acquire a .22mag/20g savage that needs lots of tlc.
I suppose I'll be looking for something along similar lines for the Son when he reaches the age as well. (although I think he will go more for the centrefires than rimfire) Very Happy Very Happy Razz

#47: Re: How Many Rimfires ? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:53 pm
    ----
Bout time you checked in...I bet you're going to tell us you've been real busy...

Welcome back (where ever you've been) Very Happy

#48: Re: How Many Rimfires ? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:26 pm
    ----
I bet ya been fishin' down around Shellharbour or Kiama...ain't ya mate.

Cheers, Vince

#49: Re: How Many Rimfires ? Author: Glenn1022Location: NC Foothills PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:31 am
    ----
Three Runger 10/22...Differnet config's for each gun.
Remington 514 single shot

I love the Ruger 10/22. Lots of options out there for it.

.22's are one of the best cartrages IMO. I dont think there are many things that the little 'ol cartrige hasnt taken.

Did I mention, that they are fun and cheap to shoot Smile

#50: Re: How Many Rimfires ? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:33 am
    ----
But Glenn...You only get HALF the fun...You can't reload a .22 case...

#51: Re: How Many Rimfires ? Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:52 am
    ----
Bushy... wrong way of thinking !!!! He gets to shoot twice as much !!! Very Happy

#52: Re: How Many Rimfires ? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:34 am
    ----
But half my mental health depends on my being able to relax in my "Man Room" reloading...Otherwise I might kil.....................

#53: Re: How Many Rimfires ? Author: phill21Location: Western Australia PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:48 pm
    ----
just the one Marlin .17HMR nice little gun.

K.W tell us more about your plastic bottle silencers

phil

#54: Re: How Many Rimfires ? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:18 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
But Glenn...You only get HALF the fun...You can't reload a .22 case...

Ya can't reload them Bushy....but ya CAN swage the spent cases down into projectiles for reloading. Very Happy

.22 Case Projectiles

Cheers, Vince

#55: Re: How Many Rimfires ? Author: K.W.Location: Finland PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:22 am
    ----
My rifles:

Mauser 9.3x57
Remington 700. .30-06 Spr
Mauser .308 Win
Mauser(Voere) .22-250 Rem
T/C Contender .223 Rem
Tikka 66 12-70/.222 Rem
BRNO 110 .22 Horn
Anschutz .22LR

Enough for 70 years old me.

Kauko

Oooooh, truly shitty: "How Many Rimfires"! Only two Anschutz rifle and Anschutz Exemplar.

Last edited by K.W. on Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total

#56: Re: How Many Rimfires ? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:49 am
    ----
Gidday Kauko...glad to see you back again mate. I'm sure Eric will be along shortly. Very Happy Laughing

Cheers, Vince

#57: Re: How Many Rimfires ? Author: K.W.Location: Finland PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:05 pm
    ----
Thank You Vince, my Friend.

Wake -up Eric!

It is 2.10 am here.

Kauko.

#58: Re: How Many Rimfires ? Author: K.W.Location: Finland PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:26 pm
    ----
phill21 wrote:
just the one Marlin .17HMR nice little gun.

K.W tell us more about your plastic bottle silencers

phil

Hello Phil!
There is standart theard .22LR rifles for silencers and plastic bottle has for cap too. The bottle ofcourse has bigger measure.
I have the adapter between those things.
Now I can use bottle like silencer. With first shot I make the hole to the bottom of the bottle for other bullets.

Sorry my language.
Kauko.

#59: Re: How Many Rimfires ? Author: Glenn1022Location: NC Foothills PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:28 pm
    ----
I reload for my Remington 788 .308, Encore 7mm-08, 30-30, 357 Blackhawk, 45/410 contender and my 22-k Hornet contender. I have plans to reload for more than that in the future. Even with reloading...shooting a cheap case of .22's is a small slice of heaven. Shooting
I have limited places to shoot my big guns. The 22 and 22-k hornet are the only guns I can shoot regularly here at my house without bothering the neighbors. Poke
It is becoming very difficult to find places to hunt or practice at…makes me wish for the ol’days when I was able to start hunting as soon as I stepped out the back door. Change is not always good. Crying or Very sad

#60: Re: How Many Rimfires ? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:15 am
    ----
I'm fortunate in that I still can. I have deer that cross my back yard just 50 yards from the back door...

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions