|Lead, as a solid, is harmless to humans. We can ingest a handfull of birdshot and it will all be pass along tomorrow without effect. Only powdered oxides of lead, such as used to be used in paints, can be absorbed by human or animal digestive systems. |
|As far as lead in Roman society, the main problem was lead water pipes. Some scientist blame the fall of the Roman Empire on the ingestion an widespread use of lead.|
|...chew on window sills or any other lead painted object, thus ingesting lead. |
Ingesting lead will retard brain development and cause other problems these children.
All times are GMT - 7 Hours