New Hodgdon powder Hybrid 100V
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
-> Reloading Ammunition

#31: Re: New Hodgdon powder Hybrid 100V Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:41 pm
    ----
Competition is a good thing, I agree, but so is keeping the firearm related companies which are millions in debt and have gone years without profits to keep them going in bussince as well. Smile

Dimitri

#32: Re: New Hodgdon powder Hybrid 100V Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:45 pm
    ----
Where's the proof that IMR, Hodgdon, and the rest of the powder companies, have gone years without profits. Just cause WW rifles went belly up don't mean a thing and just cause Remington bought out Marlin doesn't mean Marlin wasn't making money.

Last edited by 1895ss on Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

#33: Re: New Hodgdon powder Hybrid 100V Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:46 pm
    ----

Was actually refering Remington. Wink

Dimitri

#34: Re: New Hodgdon powder Hybrid 100V Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:54 pm
    ----
"D" this thread was about powder .............. Smile

#35: Re: New Hodgdon powder Hybrid 100V Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:58 pm
    ----
1895ss, I'm willing to take some of the blame, I kinda started it, sorry guys!!!!!!!

#36: Re: New Hodgdon powder Hybrid 100V Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:02 pm
    ----
Chambered,

No blame is being issued as far as I can tell ?? Confused Topic went to all these mergers of powder companies then into firearms related companies as well then we ended up here. Laughing

Dimitri

#37: Re: New Hodgdon powder Hybrid 100V Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:08 pm
    ----
Chambered221

No blame to be issued as far as I'm concerned either............ Smile

#38: Re: New Hodgdon powder Hybrid 100V Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:19 pm
    ----
Very Happy

#39: Re: New Hodgdon powder Hybrid 100V Author: mojohackerLocation: Nebraska PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:59 am
    ----
Thanks for all the comments, but has anyone got their hands on this powder and tried it!!

#40: Re: New Hodgdon powder Hybrid 100V Author: sniperLocation: Utah PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:48 am
    ----
mojohacker wrote:
Thanks for all the comments, but has anyone got their hands on this powder and tried it!!

Not yet, young hero! Smile

#41: Re: New Hodgdon powder Hybrid 100V Author: A17ShooterLocation: California Foothills (Gold Country) PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:23 pm
    ----
I have some of the WW 780 on the way. MidSouth has the 780 in stock. At least they did yesterday. They also have the Hy Bird 100V in stock for $18.21, if anyone is interested.

Very Happy

#42: Re: New Hodgdon powder Hybrid 100V Author: sniperLocation: Utah PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:50 pm
    ----
No sign of the new powder in my local stores, yet. Hodgdon emailed me two sheets of load specs for the powder in the .257 Roberts but they only show H100V loads for 115 gr. bullets and lighter. The figures are impressive, though
No info for 117-120 gr., bullets, and they only give loads for the IMR powders 4831 and 4350 for those bullet weights. That is strange, because those two Hodgdon powders are among the best for the Roberts. Hmmm....?

Being as how the new powder is supposed to be between H4350 and H4831 in burning rate, It seems like it would do well in loads for 117-120gr. bullets. But, maybe they know something I don't.

#43: Re: New Hodgdon powder Hybrid 100V Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:26 pm
    ----
Bought some but haven't had a chance to load it yet. Will let you know when I've tried it!

#44: Re: New Hodgdon powder Hybrid 100V Author: FALPhilLocation: Dixie PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:48 pm
    ----
1895ss wrote:
Where's the proof that IMR, Hodgdon, and the rest of the powder companies, have gone years without profits. Just cause WW rifles went belly up don't mean a thing and just cause Remington bought out Marlin doesn't mean Marlin wasn't making money.

Marlin was making money, but in its best year, it was just a $76 million company. Heck, I know small oil jobbers making that much.

Remington makes money, too. Lots of it. It also carries a lot of debt, most of it left over from taking it private when it spun off from duPont. But prior to the Marlin purchase, Remington was around a $500 million company. That's less than what Home Depot takes in a week.

Gunbuilding is old tech. The guys with the highest margins are those with niche products, like Cobb Manufacturing, before they got bought. But, niche products, by definition, are not high volume.

#45: Re: New Hodgdon powder Hybrid 100V Author: klausnLocation: Denver PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:04 pm
    ----
I have had opportunity to fire a few rounds from my 7 Rem Mag with 160 gr Sierras and 58 grains oh H100V. The Chrony showed 2990 fps average +- 10fps. with the 150 gr Sierra, 3050 +-8 fps. The 100 yd groups were about 1.5", but since my main interest was the chrony, I know that it will do better groups than that. It was 75 degrees and there were no signs of pressure as there is with that rifle with 4350 at similar velocities.

The real question remains how it does with temperature extremes.

I am looking forward to trying it out in several other calibers. So far, I'm impressed.

By the way, 100V is produced by St Marks powder, the same folks who make the Winchester powders and Hodgdon's spherical powders. St. Marks is owned by General Dynamics.

The IMR powders are produced in Canada at a plant near Montreal that is also owned by General Dynamics.

Hodgdon's other smokeless powders are produced by ADI in Australia.

You have to look closely at Alliant's powders to see whether they are American product or not.

If there is a choice, I prefer to buy American.

-> Reloading Ammunition