Ok really loving te 17HMR
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#16: Re: Ok really loving te 17HMR Author: BooneLocation: Stuart, Virginia PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:01 pm
    ----
Hey,
I was just wondering, since we are talking about the .17HRM, have any of you guys had any experience with the new .17 mach 2? I myself have not. Looking for some imput.
Thanks,
Boone

#17: Re: Ok really loving te 17HMR Author: Flint54Location: North Carolina PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:04 pm
    ----
Viking Viking The new 17s just haven't floated my boat. Don't get me wrong they seem to have found a home for some but for me they are just a bit too expensive on one point and most of the hunting I do with rimfires is for edible game. They just react a bit too positively to flesh and do make quite a mess of bunnys and tree rats. Varmints I like using my .223 and other rounds. Bomb Sniper Also I don't think that anything can ever replace my .22 Mag, its a great #, not as flat but has a bit more oomphhh! Cheers

#18: Re: Ok really loving te 17HMR Author: waumo PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:48 pm
    ----
I have a Marlin 917V. I don't shoot it that much because I prefer CF cartridges, reloading and all that. Sometimes though I just get it out and shoot a half box or so knowing I don't have to worry about processing cases, resizing and so on. It shoots 0.75 MOA (or better) 5 shot groups at both a 100 and 200 Yds. Also it doesn't beat the heck out of me like the 300 Win Mag does...

#19: Re: Ok really loving te 17HMR Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:49 pm
    ----
Welcome to the website waumo Wave

-DallanC

#20: Re: Ok really loving te 17HMR Author: Flint54Location: North Carolina PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:41 pm
    ----
Very Happy A very Wum Welcome to you, Glad to have you onboard. Cheers

#21: Thanks Author: waumo PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:51 pm
    ----
Thanks guys - seems like a friendly place.

#22: Re: Ok really loving te 17HMR Author: Daveyboy PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:22 am
    ----
I've just got a Weihrauch .17 HMR and have topped it off with a Leupold 4 - 12 x 40 scope. I reckon that will do the bunnies for ever. I've had Weihrauch air rifles in the past and the triggers, barrels etc are wonderful. The triggers break like glass.

Using Point Blank I am supposed to zero this rifle at 113 yards which means that it's going to drop off pretty good after that - It's dropped about 2.5 inches at 150 yards.

Any advice on long range shooting with this calibre?

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions