A History Lesson
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
-> Spam-O-Rama

#46: Re: A History Lesson Author: trackerLocation: Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:55 am
    ----
You gotta think long term here man, those gas prices are gonna be whatever you say after you march your forces through the entire Mideast Laughing

#47: Re: A History Lesson Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:23 am
    ----
Tracker...General tracker that is...And YOU'RE leading them across the Middle East...RIGHT??

#48: Re: A History Lesson Author: trackerLocation: Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:09 pm
    ----
following the age old and time honored tradition of generals staying (ahem) waaaayyyy in the back. Very Happy

#49: Re: A History Lesson Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:38 pm
    ----
tracker wrote:
following the age old and time honored tradition of generals staying (ahem) waaaayyyy in the back. Very Happy

Real generals know the best way to lead is to be the tip of the spear! Very Happy

Dimitri

#50: Re: A History Lesson Author: keetoowahLocation: Deep in the mountains of Montana PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:35 pm
    ----
can i be the general's driver?? Very Happy

#51: Re: A History Lesson Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:13 pm
    ----
NO keetoowah...Yer busy painting a bus. Remember?

#52: Re: A History Lesson Author: keetoowahLocation: Deep in the mountains of Montana PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:37 pm
    ----
no painting just laying digital graphics called a wrap. in the 21 century now bushy painting isnt that big anymore

#53: Re: A History Lesson Author: keetoowahLocation: Deep in the mountains of Montana PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:38 pm
    ----
Dimitri wrote:
tracker wrote:

Real generals know the best way to lead is to be the tip of the spear! Very Happy

Dimitri

like Custer... things turned out real well for him.

#54: Re: A History Lesson Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:42 pm
    ----
However...You'll be busy...

#55: Re: A History Lesson Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:42 pm
    ----
keetoowah wrote:
like Custer... things turned out real well for him.

Custer was a fool. Wink

Dimitri

#56: Re: A History Lesson Author: trackerLocation: Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:50 pm
    ----
Dimitri wrote:
tracker wrote:

Dimitri

Which generals would that be, Big D? Hannibal? Nope Caesar? Nope. Napoleon? Nope. MacArthur? Nope. Rommel? Nope. Patton? Only til they got to the real battle. Only thing that happens to you at the tip of a spear is you get a spear stuck in you. You thrust a spear from the shaft.

#57: Re: A History Lesson Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:56 pm
    ----
Tracker,

Alexander the Great and Atila the Hun lead their armies into battle, which at the time made them feared men to deal with. Smile

As well as numourus Colonels and the like lead their armies into battle including the likes of Lt. Col. Hal Moore which they made a 75 million dollar movie based on his actions when leading his men. Wink

Dimitri

#58: Re: A History Lesson Author: trackerLocation: Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:29 pm
    ----
wellll, since it's titled a history lesson...Big "D"? you think them other fellas I listed probably weren't feared men to deal with? and speaking of guys having movies made about them...I saw that movie you're talking about, the guy was worried about being as big a screw up as Custer, another fella who's had a few movies made about him. In fact, I thought the best line in the movie was Sam Elliot's "Custer was a pussy sir...you AINT"

#59: Re: A History Lesson Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:32 pm
    ----
Tracker,

Never said the guys you mentioned were not feared by the enemy and were not respected by the enemy as well. Wink

My personal opinion is that a leader, be it a General, Manager, supervisor, President/Prime Minister or what have you should lead by example and do before asking of others to do what they wants. Wink

Dimitri

#60: Re: A History Lesson Author: keetoowahLocation: Deep in the mountains of Montana PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:48 pm
    ----
1895ss wrote:
tracker wrote:
C'mon Mike! one term! four short years! think of all the fun you'll have! think how much better your pension will be! and you get Secret Service guys for the rest of your life for bodyguards...there's some boys you can take out for a little competition on the shooting range....$20....that's my final offer, but only for the campaign, not for Bushmaster's reloading components fund. Very Happy Very Happy

Well if tracker is kickin' in a 20 dollar bill so will I, but only for the same reasons tracker mentioned and nothing more.

Idea Oh by the way I'll help your body guards but I want to be your chauffeur. I presume it will be a hummer I get to drive you around in. Oh........... ahhhh !!!!!!!!! by the way did I mention I really love 4 wheelin ...................... ???? Laughing Laughing Laughing

if he is your chauffer I want to be the Chef ...
friends bringing in the game meat and whipping up some downhome Gourmet food for you Mr Bush.

-> Spam-O-Rama