KERSHAW LEEK KNIFE
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> General

#1: KERSHAW LEEK KNIFE Author: Pharaohawk PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:59 pm
    ----
KERSHAW LEEK KNIFE

Years ago my grandfather gave me a small knife that he called a gentleman’s knife. I was small and it had a sharp blade that served me well for a variety of tasks, but eventually I lost it.
Having purchased the SOG Flash II a couple of weeks before and falling in love with the opening assisted feature, I set to find a smaller knife in the “gentleman’s knife” category that will not print when using a tuxedo.

I settled for the Ken Onion’s designed Leek model by Kershaw, a stainless steel three inches blade, four inches overall knife, with flat profile and a clip on the right side for securing it to pockets.

The knife is extremely sharp, and the blade seems to leap at the small push of the index finger and lock securely. I use the index finger on the top of the blade extension on top, but it can also be opened with the thumb stud that is on the rear of the blade.
The knife also has a way to lock the blade for protection against accidental openings; slide a small button at the rear of the handle.
To close the blade you will need two hands. One finger is used to push the locking bar out of the way of the blade to close the knife.

Those forward assisted blades are really great! And the little Leek is a fine knife; I am pleased with my purchase of this fine gentleman's knife.

Sincerely,

Pharaohawk

#2: Re: KERSHAW LEEK KNIFE Author: jeh7mmmagLocation: DFW, TX. PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:16 pm
    ----
Is this spam? I see the same post (knife, 38 pistol, amt .380, flashlight) on several other forum?? Confused
What is your purpose. Thanks IA

#3: Re: KERSHAW LEEK KNIFE Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:24 pm
    ----
How I figure it both Watchmaker and Hawk, can keep posting these types of posts cause well they are fun to read and they do not seem like they are trying to sell a specific brand or brands of products like "spammers" generally do. Smile

Dimitri

#4: Re: KERSHAW LEEK KNIFE Author: jeh7mmmagLocation: DFW, TX. PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:01 pm
    ----
Thank Dimitri
I was just wondering because I see 3 alais names and the same post all over the net. All from a new member with 5 post on forums ??
Somebody is up to no good.

#5: Re: KERSHAW LEEK KNIFE Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:04 pm
    ----
I know what your saying 110%. But heck its nice to read a review or 2 at a time, especially Watchmakers reviews cause he posts about 3-4 different options that are good at a time so a person can use as extra information when buying. Smile

Dimitri

#6: Re: KERSHAW LEEK KNIFE Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:14 pm
    ----
jeh7mmmag wrote:
Is this spam? I see the same post (knife, 38 pistol, amt .380, flashlight) on several other forum?? Confused
What is your purpose. Thanks IA

What you say has merit mate, however, 'Mitri also makes a very good point.

So long as the poster is not obviously trying to sell something then a review is pretty good value...especially for those that are looking at purchasing an item similar to what the poster is showcasing. I enjoy reading watchmakers reviews because they provide good comparisons between products that he obviously has an interest in...albeit a vested interest in some cases...but I can live with that.

Having said that, I am opposed to HuntingNut being inundated with "reviews" that are either spam or simply advertisements for a product. There is a For Sale section for that sort of thing that the Moderators keep an eye on for spam etc.

#7: Re: KERSHAW LEEK KNIFE Author: jeh7mmmagLocation: DFW, TX. PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:50 pm
    ----
Thanks guys, Very Happy
I just did not know what to thinks with the alias and number of postings under new member. Will watch and see where it goes.
James Very Happy

#8: Re: KERSHAW LEEK KNIFE Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:36 pm
    ----
Yah, I figure was long as its not like the spammers that post a link and say "BUY IT NOW" without anything else its probably ok considering its a review. Smile

Dimitri

#9: Re: KERSHAW LEEK KNIFE Author: trackerLocation: Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:11 pm
    ----
Actually I read this dude's post and I'm wondering how many of us give a rat's a$$ if the knife "prints" while wearing a tux. Now personally, I know I'm gonna be carrying a pocket knife...but wearing a tux, uh uh. I expect Keetowah would expect me to be carrying a belt knife if I was wearing a tux or not, LOL.

#10: Re: KERSHAW LEEK KNIFE Author: sniperLocation: Utah PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:43 pm
    ----
The Leek is a handsome knife, no doubt about it.

But for that matter, there are any number of smaller, quality, and easily obtainable knives that won't "print" when wearing a tux. My Swiss Army Knife didn't "print" when I wore a tux for my daughters' weddings. (I don't leave home without it, or similar.) I could have gotten away with my 5" hunting knife, with a little thought, but why?

There is a dandy"tactical" between-the-shoulders scabbard for the KaBar full sized knife, but the market is somewhat limited... to those who actually know how to use and/or who have a real need for such an implement, or those who just think they be cool, wearing it. That's like wearing my commando sweater makes me a commando. Yeah, right! Confused

In my youth, I carried a 4" switchblade in my front Levi's pocket...till it started coming open intermittently. Very Happy I got smart in a hurry!

Actually, one of the coolest knives made, the Canadian Grohmann/Russell in any of its iterations would be very concealable with a belt,forearm or leg sheath, if properly licensed for such carry, and it is a full size knife. Whip THAT sucker out of your tux...say, for cutting the wedding cake, and see the room clear! Very Happy

#11: Re: KERSHAW LEEK KNIFE Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:52 pm
    ----
Hello to you nice fellows here on Huntingsomething.
I hope that you have seen my latest two films, "How to lead a swimming duck" and the "Gut shooting a deer to learn to follow a blood trail"
A dollar three eighty gets you both of this fine films AND a knife that doesn't print while you are wearing a Tux into the field.
For more info just call BR549 and I'll get right back to you.

Regards,
Dead Eye Eric wtf wtf Confused Lame You are stupid You are stupid Howdy Howdy Howdy Rant Rant Werd Werd ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

#12: Re: KERSHAW LEEK KNIFE Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:09 pm
    ----
I got a Gerber LST knife I carry in my pocket myself comes in handy atleast 2 times a day. Smile

Dimitri

#13: Re: KERSHAW LEEK KNIFE Author: sniperLocation: Utah PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:25 pm
    ----
Dimitri wrote:
I got a Gerber LST knife I carry in my pocket myself comes in handy atleast 2 times a day. Smile Dimitri

You don't get out any more than that??? Very Happy Wink

#14: Re: KERSHAW LEEK KNIFE Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:28 pm
    ----
No I go out, execpt some days I got a hunting knife on me, am at home and got sharp kitchen knifes and the like. Laughing

At the minium I carry just the LST, at the most I got 4 knifes on me like when I'm hunting or fishing, excluding the knives in the kitchen when I'm home cause thouse are not in my pockets, on the belt etc. ROFL

Dimitri

#15: Re: KERSHAW LEEK KNIFE Author: sniperLocation: Utah PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:02 am
    ----
Dimitri wrote:
At the minium I carry just the LST, at the most I got 4 knifes on me ..."Dimitri

I can just hear your sweetie now: " Are your really happy to see me, or do you just have a new pocket knife?" Laughing

-> General