CXP
-> General

#1: CXP Author: FranchiGuy PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:11 am
    ----
Can anyone tell me why the 150gr. supreme elite bullet in the 270wsm is classified for cxp3 and the 160gr. supreme elite bullet in the 7mm wsm is not classified for cxp3?

#2: Re: CXP Author: Joe BoleoLocation: Pennsylvania PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:23 am
    ----
Welcome to the Forum.

Not sure who makes the bullets you mentioned. I would contact the manufacturer and pose the same question. Take care...
Joe

#3: Re: CXP Author: FALPhilLocation: Dixie PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:24 am
    ----
One can only surmise that either the bullet construction is not up to heavy game standards at the velocity it is driven, or it has not yet been tested/rated.

Welcome to the group! I hope you will spend some time with us discussing issues like this one.

I assume from your screen name that you are a shotgunner. While I do not currently own any, I do like a Franchi shotgun. I am not a shotgunner, so I have one utility shotgun I use for all purposes, but I have shot Franchis and they are really nice guns.

#4: Re: CXP Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:44 pm
    ----
FranchiGuy,

Welcome to the side Howdy

Firstly your talking about Winchester ammunition I think. CXP ratings are used by them for years. Smile

Could be that they market polymer tipped bullets with the Supreme Elite name but internally they may be different. Not sure though. Confused

Dimitri

#5: Re: CXP Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:44 am
    ----
Looking at Winchester's website it appears that the difference is bullet construction. Bullets, and guns, are like golf clubs. You have to pick the right one for the particular set of circumstances you're facing.

-> General