Federal Fusion .270 Ammo
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#1: Federal Fusion .270 Ammo Author: Strick PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:22 pm
    ----
Can anyone tell me about the Federal Fusion bullets? I bought me a 270 barrel for my pro hunter and will be sighting it in in the next couple of days and was looking for a good load. I saw the Fusion and was wondering if anyone can tell me about them.

#2: Re: Federal Fusion .270 Ammo Author: FALPhilLocation: Dixie PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:43 pm
    ----
Haven't tried them in my 270, but I will tell you what, I really like the Hornady 270 WIN 140 GR BTSP Light Mag.

#3: Re: Federal Fusion .270 Ammo Author: HandloaderLocation: Phoenix, Arizona PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:45 pm
    ----
Federal Fusion's jacket is made by electroplating as opposed to jacketed. This is the same process Speer has used for the Gold Dot series in handguns.

By plating the jacket, there is a bonding that occurs and the jacket thickness can be controlled to exacting specifications. I have several friends that have used Fusion this year on mulies and bull elk and they report very good accuracy, excellent penetration and good expansion.

#4: Re: Federal Fusion .270 Ammo Author: codybrownLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:55 am
    ----
I'm using the fusion 25-06 ammo in my Thompson Center with great luck. I haven't shot a dear yet because I haven't seen a buck yet. Sighting it in and practicing with it, I am very impressed with the accuracy.

#5: Re: Federal Fusion .270 Ammo Author: flying american PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:46 pm
    ----
i've put them through my remmy 700 with some pretty good results on paper but have yet to take anything with it

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions