45 Auto/ 1911 Info needed/ Kimber?
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#1: 45 Auto/ 1911 Info needed/ Kimber? Author: madedryLocation: Hilltown, Pennsylvania PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:00 am
    ----
Anyone have any info on the Kimber Grand Raptor II?

I'm Looking for large framed 1911 that is top quality & accurate.

Any ideas

#2: Re: 45 Auto/ 1911 Info needed/ Kimber? Author: roklokLocation: Fairbanks, Alaska PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:14 pm
    ----
I dont have the Grand Raptor, my Kimber is the full size Classic Stainless, but I love it. I would definitely recommend a Kimber based on my experiences. It is very high quality and accurate also, it shoots better than I can. I have never had a malfunction with factory ammunition in mine. Simply a great pistol. Only modification I did was replace the mainspring housing, I prefer the old arched style instead of the flat ones that come on just about every 1911 nowdays. There are cheaper 1911s out there but I dont think you would regret buying the Kimber.

#3: Re: 45 Auto/ 1911 Info needed/ Kimber? Author: HandloaderLocation: Phoenix, Arizona PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:19 pm
    ----
Everyday, the Grand Raptor II beckons to me as I pass by the gun case. What makes it unique is that the cosmetic "dressing" is totally functional. Having owned a variety of other brands of 1911s, they have mostly been sold to buy various Kimber models. Match grade barrels and triggers from the basic to the most elaborate.

From a Ranson rest, my Kimber Custom II equals the accuracy of my Les Baer Premier. The other three Kimbers are equally accurate. Too, I have an old Colt National Match that is the Kimber's equal and that is no faint praise. My buddy's Wilson is more accurate, but, not by much.

Accuracy is only one measure of a 1911. Flawless and reliable function are what I prize most and, here, there are no disappointments.

No wonder Kimbers outsell all other 1911s!

#4: Re: 45 Auto/ 1911 Info needed/ Kimber? Author: madedryLocation: Hilltown, Pennsylvania PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:59 pm
    ----
I guess i got the go ahead on the Kimber Grand Raptor II. Thank you all for the great info.

I guess now i can use those Cabelia Points

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions