Perks of being over 60
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
-> Jokes & Humor

#61: Re: Perks of being over 60 Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:54 pm
    ----
wiersy111 wrote:
Hmmmm old comes to mind!

I was thinking more in the lines of "ancient" ................................... ROFL ROFL ROFL

#62: Re: Perks of being over 60 Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:31 pm
    ----
Haha Laughing ROFL Haha

#63: Re: Perks of being over 60 Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:07 pm
    ----
RUH ROH Hiding

Cheers, Vince

#64: Re: Perks of being over 60 Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:38 am
    ----
Why should I comment on that. Most people my age can't keep up with me. If fact, most people 20 years younger have troubles staying with me.

For Big D...I'm 67 and a slim trim 132 lbs at 5' 7". Won't be 68 until the end of the year.

Respect gentlemen, respect. If I can't get respect I'll go for "fear". Remember...I'm to old to fight or run. I'll just............................... Very Happy

#65: Re: Perks of being over 60 Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:54 am
    ----
Hell Bushy I'll be lucky to make it to your age.

#66: Re: Perks of being over 60 Author: TankGunnerLocation: UK PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:21 pm
    ----
I ve sat back and let you boys have your say,but what Bushy I have made the 80. Chain saw and rifles still keep me busy.As you say to old to fight or run but can still live to open the eyes of some pups.
Regards TG

#67: Re: Perks of being over 60 Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:46 pm
    ----
Damn...I lower my head in respect Sir...You wouldn't, by chance, come over and help me fall, cut and split a few oaks for the winter with me would you? I split with an old faller's double bit axe...

#68: Re: Perks of being over 60 Author: TankGunnerLocation: UK PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:21 am
    ----
Never used a double bit axe Bushy, used what we called a Canadian, then a star shaped wedge we called a bomb, which you drove with a 14lb hammer.Ashamed to say these days use a hydrualic splitter.University of life teaches you to adapt.
What you suggest wopuld be a dream for me. TG

#69: Re: Perks of being over 60 Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:50 pm
    ----
Hey guys....this is what you need to make your job a little easier.

Log Splitter

However, if you are like me and enjoy chopping/splitting wood, then this will make your job just a little easier.

Splitting wood with a Tyre

Cheers Vince

#70: Re: Perks of being over 60 Author: TRBLSHTRLocation: Lower 48's-left coast(near portlandia) PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:32 am
    ----
wtf OK-learned something new for using my old tires Shocked

#71: Re: Perks of being over 60 Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:05 pm
    ----
I didn't learn anything useful - I have oil heat and all I have to do is adjust the thermostat. My days of cutting trees down to burn them are way over.
I will be switching to primary solar power and secondary wind generation with back-up being the grid. That way the electric company can pay me for the power instead of the way it is now.....
POWER FROM THE PEOPLE!

#72: Re: Perks of being over 60 Author: TankGunnerLocation: UK PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:23 am
    ----
PaulS wrote:
I didn't learn anything useful - I have oil heat and all I have to do is adjust the thermostat. My days of cutting trees down to burn them are way over.
I will be switching to primary solar power and secondary wind generation with back-up being the grid. That way the electric company can pay me for the power instead of the way it is now.....
POWER FROM THE PEOPLE!
We have a system Coppice Woodland which creates ideal habitat for game. Having got timber on the ground its best made use of in various ways, fuel being one of them.

#73: Re: Perks of being over 60 Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 4:05 pm
    ----
Tire idea not a bad one !!! Still looks like a lot of unnecessary and tiring labor............felt bad for that poor feller so I drank a beer or three while I watched him huff and puff!!!

#74: Re: Perks of being over 60 Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 4:49 pm
    ----
Gotta say he has an idea if you are splitting small amounts. But when I used to split the idea was for the blocks to pop and fly out of the way. I miss the days of cutting and splitting with my dad and grand father. We used to cut about 100 cord a year to burn and sell. Hardest easy money I ever made.

#75: Re: Perks of being over 60 Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 6:23 pm
    ----
City dweller that bought part of the country. Probably move back to the city when the work gets to him or he [tires] of the endless work that comes with acreage

-> Jokes & Humor