Sask bucks pics
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Big Game Hunting

#1: Sask bucks pics Author: mossbakLocation: oregon PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:38 pm
    ----
bucks from Saskatchewan

#2: Re: Sask bucks pics Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:48 pm
    ----
Nice bucks. Where in Saskatchewan were you hunting??

Last edited by 1895ss on Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

#3: Re: Sask bucks pics Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:16 pm
    ----
Fine looking bucks Very Happy Congrats
Joe

#4: Re: Sask bucks pics Author: mossbakLocation: oregon PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:07 pm
    ----
not mine, I wish, just a guide I know from up there sent 'em to me...

#5: Re: Sask bucks pics Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:12 pm
    ----
Ok I was just wondering because you have to be a Saskatchewan resident to hunt mule deer here except on an Indian Reserve, and I was just wondering which reserve you had been on. Oh well, those are nice bucks!

#6: Re: Sask bucks pics Author: mossbakLocation: oregon PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:22 am
    ----
The guide is from one of the Battlefords indian Res, I hunted there in 04...

#7: Re: Sask bucks pics Author: moose2Location: North Idaho PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:14 pm
    ----
1895ss wrote:
Ok I was just wondering because you have to be a Saskatchewan resident to hunt mule deer here except on an Indian Reserve, and I was just wondering which reserve you had been on. Oh well, those are nice bucks!
1895ss-was just wondering why one has to be a Saskatchewan resident to hunt mule deer. Does it have to do with no's of deer?--tr

#8: Re: Sask bucks pics Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:35 pm
    ----
Mule Deer are on a draw system only and the only people that can apply are Sask residents because they have far more applications than licenses. In fact it generally takes 4 years to draw a license. They are about the only big game I can think of where a Sask resident can not even buy an over the counter license or tag. The only exception I think a Sask resident can buy a Mule Deer archery tag over the counter. Mule Deer were nearly wiped out (in the 30's, 40's and 50's) in this province many many years ago before the draws and because of mismanagement. Back then you bought a deer license and you shot a deer and Mule Deer being easier to get than Whitetail, almost wiped them out. Most big game can only be hunted by residents except on Indian Reserves, but there are some Moose, Elk and Bear licenses available through Outfitters that are not on Reserves, but they are mostly in the more northern (forested) parts of the province. But the Non Canadian hunters have to use a guide for all hunts.

By the way, Mule Deer populations are way up and they are actually spreading their range northward to areas where there never were any years ago.

#9: Re: Sask bucks pics Author: moose2Location: North Idaho PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:44 pm
    ----
Thanks for the update. Its good to see the success in the mule deer numbers coming back. Alot of the western states would be quite envious of that. All our deer tags are by lottery except for archery. We have roughly a 1 in 5 chance of drawing a buck tag, either mule or whitetail.--tr

#10: Re: Sask bucks pics Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:01 pm
    ----
Here a Sask resident can buy a Whitetail tag over the counter every year for any zone, as well as Bulls only Elk tag and/or Bear tag in some zones.

#11: Re: Sask bucks pics Author: moose2Location: North Idaho PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:28 pm
    ----
That's great that you have those oppurtunities. I've lived in several other states where we had those oppurtunites. Miss it sometimes. From your posts it seems like all you may lack is alittle extra free time to take more advantage of those oppurtunities. Maybe this year will afford alittle more time afield.--tr

#12: Re: Sask bucks pics Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:35 pm
    ----
I've seen some unbelievable bucks come out of Sask this year. I'll try and dig up some of them... its amazing how big of slugs you get up there.

-DallanC

#13: Re: Sask bucks pics Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:43 pm
    ----
moose2, I sure hope I get more time for hunting this year. The last 2 years I haven't been able to get out much because of my job but that should change this year.

Dallan, yes there are some big bucks up here. If I get digital camera I'll have to take a picture of some I have on the wall and post them.

#14: Re: Sask bucks pics Author: mossbakLocation: oregon PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:04 pm
    ----
let me know if you want the guides #....

#15: Re: Sask bucks pics Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:09 pm
    ----
Thanks, but I don't need one but moose2 might be interested...... Smile

-> Big Game Hunting