All Done
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> General

#1: All Done Author: mc223Location: S/E Kansas PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:48 pm
    ----
Well that about does it. We have asked and answered every possible question, subject, and scenario. Shocked

#2: Re: All Done Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:30 am
    ----
mc223...You ARE kidding aren't you? The list of "conflicts", "disagreements" and "wives tails" abound on this subject...Pick one...

Presses...Which is the best? Single stage? Turret? Progressive? AND I DON'T MEAN BRANDS

Die sets

FCD's

Should I trim?

Can I adjust the shoulder of a bottle necked case to allow for chamber differences or wear?

How many times can I reload auto pistol cases? Handgun cases? Rifle cases?

Should I seat the bullet into the lands? Just a few thousands from the lands? Or what the loading manual says?

Can powder measures be trusted or should I weigh every charge?

Camfering (deburring)...Why?

How should I work up a load?

Are chronographs necessary? And what do they tell me?

How should I decap/prime cases? Can I interchange standard and magnum primers? And when should I do this if so?

What about tumbling and other means of cleaning my cases?

Cleaning primer pockets. Is it necessary?

Should I clean the inside of a case?

And a multitude of other reloading (not to mention firearm related subjects).

So I say again...Pick one.......

#3: Re: All Done Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:16 am
    ----
LOL

Actually at times I feel that way myself. There are few topics I havent discussed repeatedly and at times its nice to take a break from it. One thing always fresh and new to discuss are current experiences, hunting, fishing or shooting there are always things to talk about.

If you need a break its understandable but think about this: People have been discussing the weather for thousands of years yet it continually comes up as a topic of conversation Smile

-DallanC

#4: Re: All Done Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:56 am
    ----
Yes...And how is the weather today???

7 days...

#5: Re: All Done Author: popgunLocation: Mitchell, GA, U.S.A. (2007 pop. 191) PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:53 pm
    ----
Well it's 98 degrees and clouding up. Hopefully one of those clouds will find it's way to my house and drop some rain. All those folks nawth of the Mason Dixon Line have been hogging all the rain the last couple of weeks. You think they would get tired of it and pass it on down.

I been scratchin' and thinkin' (don't worry, I'm not hurting myself) about going to the range tomorrow. Just bedded the Savage 12FV action in a 12BVSS Stock and I'm curious to see if it helps my groups.

I already found two of my Winchesters that need a good bedding job. The factory soft stuff they used for bedding material is for crap so I will be busy doing more bedding jobs.

For anyone interested I used the Miles Gilbert Bedding Kit from Midway. Almost everything you need is in the kit except enough modeling clay and blue masking tape. I used some plummers putty (Playdough works too) and Scotch blue masking tape to do the job and those items were at Walleyworld. The only extra items needed are action guide screws that you can make yourself from the correct threaded bolt stock or get them from Midway or Brownells. The kit also has a good set of instructions.

You guys have a great and safe 4th!

Last edited by popgun on Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

#6: Re: All Done Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:07 pm
    ----
With great amusement I picture you in the checkout line at wally world with a couple cans of playdough Smile

-DallanC

#7: Re: All Done Author: popgunLocation: Mitchell, GA, U.S.A. (2007 pop. 191) PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:12 pm
    ----
That's why I used the plummers putty. I would have had the wife buy the Playdough Very Happy

#8: Re: All Done Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:13 pm
    ----
The weather its a nice 97F right now with Humidity was higher earlier in the day though Smile

I wouldnt use the playdough though, it shrinks and likes to crack when drying sometimes. Wink

Dimitri

#9: Re: All Done Author: mc223Location: S/E Kansas PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:04 pm
    ----
We Currently have 69° and R/H at 55% in N/W Wisconsin.
May see rain for the 4th.

I just got home from the range. Day 4 in a row. Finally got some load testing done and lots of Chrony data.

#10: Re: All Done Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:23 am
    ----
Play-Dough also has a lot of salt in it and should it come in contact with metal parts it should be thouroughly cleaned and protected with oil immediately. Modeling clay is oil soked and works best - thats why they include it in the kit.

#11: Re: All Done Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:26 am
    ----
popgun wrote:

I been scratchin' and thinkin' (don't worry, I'm not hurting myself) about going to the range tomorrow. Just bedded the Savage 12FV action in a 12BVSS Stock and I'm curious to see if it helps my groups.

You guys have a great and safe 4th!

Now who does this sound like???? What was that problem 10Ring had for a while...hope it wasn't contagious???

You are right Bushy.....there is a myriad of things hunting/firearms to discuss that we haven't touched on yet, and for those subjects that have had an airing, well, I'm sure there is plenty more to be said. Opinions are like butts....everyone has one.

You missed a couple of good ones out of your list......(yeah yeah, I know, your list isn't exhaustive and is only an example of some things to discuss).
How about scope reticles, or a reall biggy....home gunsmithing problems and fixes.

10Ring might be able to help you with that scratchin' Chris, he seems to have got over it. Laughing Laughing

Oh well, time for a beer.

Cheers, Vince

#12: Re: All Done Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:39 am
    ----
Who??? 10ring??? Vince...are you sure you know who you are talking about??? Confused I don't believe I remember him, or her...I do hope Popgun recovers from his affliction though... Very Happy

#13: Re: All Done Author: CrackshotLocation: Mich PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:57 am
    ----
Vince, If you were'nt so damn far away I would bring a 12 pack and drink some beer with you! :):):)

#14: Re: All Done Author: george20042007Location: Arizona PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:19 pm
    ----
[quote="mc223"]We Currently have 69° and R/H at 55% in N/W Wisconsin.
May see rain for the 4th.

And some of the rest of you provided weather info as well. Take a guess at where I'll be celebrating today...yep, inside in the comfort of my airconditioned home. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah...but it's a dry heat!, I heard that one as well. No matter where you go, there always seems to be 3 bad months in a year. Ours just happens to be in the summer. Then we have 9 great months. Trust me, I'm not complaining, I love this state called Arizona (and it's politics) Shooting Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Keep it coming...

#15: Re: All Done Author: SpacedoneLocation: missouri PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:59 pm
    ----
laughs

its 95 degrees here with a 80 percent humidity level.

-> General