Tad bit cold... -62F
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> General

#16: Re: Tad bit cold... -62F Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:09 am
    ----
Thats crazy. I lived in West Virginia once for a couple of years, it was hot and humid like that. Never again.

We'll often sit at single digits humidity wise. It was probably around that when you were in Vegas a few years back.

-DallanC

#17: Re: Tad bit cold... -62F Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:11 pm
    ----
DallanC wrote:
Thats crazy. I lived in West Virginia once for a couple of years, it was hot and humid like that. Never again.

We'll often sit at single digits humidity wise. It was probably around that when you were in Vegas a few years back.

-DallanC

Yes, the humidity in Vegas was almost non existent, and it was very pleasant. As for our high humidity here…it’s the joys of living in a sub tropical/tropical zone. I hate the humidity, it destroys me. I’d move elsewhere if I could, but I can’t because I’d be on my own.

The week I’ve just spent in Sydney (1K km south), and where I grew up, really opened my eyes to the climate there. I’ve always thought that Sydney was a more comfortable climate, but the week I spent there was horrendous with very hot days and humidity. I don’t remember this when growing up. I suppose it didn’t help that I was working my butt off moving furniture etc.

#18: Re: Tad bit cold... -62F Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:46 pm
    ----
We have had a fairly pleasant winter here in Minnesota. But a couple of cold snaps that got us down to the -25 F. I sure hate those morning its getting harder and harder to go to work.

#19: Re: Tad bit cold... -62F Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:54 pm
    ----
New record: -108F in New Hampshire.

-DallanC

#20: Re: Tad bit cold... -62F Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:43 pm
    ----
It got up go 34 today! Yup you guessed it, it rained and now everything is like froze over like glass. It's going to be a fun ride to work in the morning.

#21: Re: Tad bit cold... -62F Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:06 pm
    ----
you drive carefully bud....

#22: Re: Tad bit cold... -62F Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:33 pm
    ----
wiersy111 wrote:
It got up go 34 today! Yup you guessed it, it rained and now everything is like froze over like glass. It's going to be a fun ride to work in the morning.

From the sounds of that young Wiersay, you will be riding either a motorcycle or a horse to work mate.

A horse would be ok so long as you stay off the ice and keep to the snow. However, if it’s a motorcycle, I would suggest getting an ice racing bike like they race in Norway and Russia Very Happy Very Happy …those things are outstanding on ice. I suppose the big mongrel spikes on the tyres help a lot though.

#23: Re: Tad bit cold... -62F Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:13 pm
    ----
It's been near 70° here for several days. "They" were calling for snow tonight but I think the forecast has changed to just rain.

I realized that I really screwed up by not taking advantage of those warm dry days to do more stuff outside!

-> General