Ian (the Storm)
-> General

#1: Ian (the Storm) Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:39 am
    ----
Well Pumpkinslinger...I think you need to hide, duck or find cover. It's coming your way. Good luck. Stay safe.

#2: Re: Ian (the Storm) Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:51 pm
    ----
Keep dry

#3: Re: Ian (the Storm) Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:00 pm
    ----
Run Punkin…run. Time to hunker down mate…big storms can be very unforgiving…the buggers haven’t got any sense of humour.

Be safe and keep your family safe as well.

#4: Re: Ian (the Storm) Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:30 pm
    ----
Right now (1800 EST) the projected path for the eye is about 20 miles west of me, about noon on Saturday. I think they are calling for 40-50 mph wind gusts and around 4-5" of rain.

The dogs are prepping ...

#5: Re: Ian (the Storm) Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:30 am
    ----
For pete sake...Get that dog a bigger bed.

#6: Re: Ian (the Storm) Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:23 am
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
For pete sake...Get that dog a bigger bed.

It's first come, first served. Once in a while they both sleep in the big one together. But I picked up some extra dog food so they're ready.

Today the path of the storm is maybe 25 miles east of me, at about 8 AM tomorrow. And some folks are saying they can predict "climate change"...

#7: Re: Ian (the Storm) Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:23 pm
    ----
"climate change" RIGHT!! If I remember rightly. There was a CAT 5 run through there in the 1890'. And four others have hit the US sense then. Just 5?

#8: Re: Ian (the Storm) Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:11 pm
    ----
just a question: why don't you blow back and show that storm who is the boss?
On the other hand: I cannot imaging cars flying in the air... I think it's not the flying that hurts, only the landing...
instead of blowing back it might also help just to smile... or would this make him more angry?
Remember: nature is strong, but you're tough too!
wishing you luck!

#9: Re: Ian (the Storm) Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:44 am
    ----
It’s looking pretty bad in both North and South Carolina due to Hurricane Ian.

I just watched a YouTube video showing just how nasty things are…and it will probably get worse yet…

youtu.be/x6VRX3B6gVY - South Carolina turning into an ocean! Flash flood, big waves & Hurricane Ian hits Myrtle

#10: Re: Ian (the Storm) Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:01 am
    ----
Well, for me, the big storm wasn't much of an event. The power blipped a few times and there are lots of leaves in the yard. The neighbor had a tree fall across our road so I helped them clear it (and got a nice bowl of chicken & dumplings for my efforts!) My kids down toward the coast came out OK, as did other friends over that way. My kids in the mountains also are fine.

One of my sons-in-law works for Appalachian State University Police and they were inundated with people calling about losing power. A couple hours into it they'd answered 160+ phones calls. He said it was amazing how rude some people are when they are calling for help!

I appreciate the concern fellers!

#11: Re: Ian (the Storm) Author: tikkat3 PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:02 pm
    ----
Don't know what the fuss is all about
It will blow over soon enough
Just don't be outside when it does

#12: Re: Ian (the Storm) Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:25 pm
    ----
Yawnnnn...Oh hummm...All we got out of it was blue skies (no clouds or wind) and a nice cool 70+ degrees F.

#13: Re: Ian (the Storm) Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:01 am
    ----
It did cool off pretty nicely!

I'm watching three govt trucks and a front end loader cleaning up that tree I helped the neighbors move. It's taking them quite a while. That's efficiency... But I am glad they're cleaning it up.

#14: Re: Ian (the Storm) Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:07 pm
    ----
Good to know that the storm did not affect you much Pumpkin.
Here in Sydney we have very strange weather as well, a few days of sunshine spaced with a few days of deluge.
La Nina is bad for Australia this year.

#15: Re: Ian (the Storm) Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:41 pm
    ----
Courtesy of our old mate jeh7mmmag…

15’ storm surge

-> General