hand made knife
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> General

#16: Re: hand made knife Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:05 pm
    ----
Elvis me old mate…you have achieved wonderfully, your knife looks amazing. Well done. Looking at the shape of the blade, I reckon that will be a combination of a useful camp knife and a really good skinner. I like the timber in your scales…a very nice looking piece of timber.

I’m sure Gelan will support me here, but now that you have made one, the bug will have bitten you deep…you will want to make more knives, of different shapes and styles.

Last edited by Vince on Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

#17: Re: hand made knife Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:42 pm
    ----
the timber is ash.....a wee bit out of my wood shed....now you may understand why when sawing it up I HAD TO rebel and cut 4 planks out with chainsaw and drop them off to a gunsmith stock maker...the grain is unlike any I ve seen anywhere,some bits of it look like coat of a golden retriever,almost impossibly to split it,even with a hydrolic log splitter...unreal bit of wood.
hopefully in the next week I can find something worthy to blood the knife with...
shes a chunky monkey..... but its mine LOL.

#18: Re: hand made knife Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:32 pm
    ----
Excellent job. definitely looking good.

And you are lucky to get to use power hammer on your first knife Very Happy
It is fun hey

#19: Re: hand made knife Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:19 am
    ----
well it certainly is good at poking holes in live things to convert them to dead things....not too shabby at removing the skin and cutting leg off either...

#20: Re: hand made knife Author: inthedarkLocation: Ontario PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:52 am
    ----
very nice mate

-> General