Life is good
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> General

#1: Life is good Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 10:50 pm
    ----
Yes indeed life here on Gods green earth is good.
My older Brother flew home today after spending the last two weeks on holiday with us,My Daughter was also home to spend some time with us old boys(my beard is more grey than brown so I reckon I qualify) .we had good weekend shooting a few ducks,went for walk up hill and shot a few wallabies,I even managed to tip over a porker while stalking in on a deer....... the back boundary fence on our wee section got the wooden rails added to the concrete posts I put in earlier,only the tin left to do.
we drank lots of beer,told lots of stories,passed on family stories (man these are becoming so important to me as I age,the folks who know them are getting older too,one day they will be lost) my long suffering Wife was wonderfully patient with us roudy huas,Daughter beat me at chess(3 beer handicap helped) she was beaten by her uncle(no beer handicap) and she learnt how a different opponent values thing differently and stratagy is different.
two weeks with out a crossed word,lots of love and laughter. getting old sucks but the alternative isnt that attractive either,carting that wee porker up onto ridge had me stopping for a few breathers,alright one every 10 yards,the hill was plurry steep.
This is the first time in my 50 years my fitness has been better than my Brother...he is other side of 60 now,and had a tweaked knee....
my faithful hound Meg didnt get out of kennel to come for a hunt,she was still puckerooed from the last effort LOL.
life is good,God is great and people are batshit crazy.
take care out there folks.

#2: Re: Life is good Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 1:10 am
    ----
forgot...we spent evening spotlighting on local dairy farm...I drove,daughter opened n closed MANY MANY gates and Bro let rip with Bakail u/o from on the back of the side by side wagon...over a dozen hares and 15 plus possums bit the dust..had an absolute ball of a time.

#3: Re: Life is good Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 2:06 pm
    ----
Elvis, you are blessed!

#4: Re: Life is good Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 1:47 pm
    ----
slimjim wrote:
Elvis, you are blessed!

your comment says it all Slim…I can’t agree more mate. I’ve been trying to organise a hunt for quite some time now, but with COVID restrictions, weather and things like a month of Jury Duty getting in the way, it simply hasn’t been possible. Elvis, I’m green with envy mate that you are able to wander out your back door and be in hunting country.

#5: Re: Life is good Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 6:46 pm
    ----
still don't understand how folks down under haven't revolted. The "cure", e.g., restrictions, are causing more issues than the "disease"

#6: Re: Life is good Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 12:52 am
    ----
well we are mostly law abiding folks and we DONT have your 5th ammendment ....and that little bit of legislation is the HUGE difference.
there is no right to have and bear arms written into our laws....
but we are indeed blessed.

#7: Re: Life is good Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 6:17 am
    ----
Revolt was probably the wrong word. We stopped wearing masks. Stopped getting jabs from a vaccine that has many ill side effects and has been responsible for 10s of thousands of deaths solely from its injection ... and went about our lives. If enough people "revolt", it can't be stopped.

#8: Re: Life is good Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 3:07 pm
    ----
Here there are few restrictions apparent in our dailey lives for the chinese flu.
We currently have 40 to 50 people a day dieing , country wide of it but the media isnt ramping up hysteria as they once were so, life goes on.
Most of the population is vaccinated, we currently have a more contagious but largely non leathal variant doing its thing, most get cold like symptoms feel crap for 4 to 5 days and recover. Unless you are one of the 40 to 50 who die.
Aged care and medical facilities still have some restrictions like masks.
The current damper here near Brisbane is bloody rain and flooding its been doing this to various degrees since February , still we should enjoy it because this will of course lead to the next cycle the 7 year drought and bush fires as you guys are currently "enjoying".

#9: Re: Life is good Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 4:19 pm
    ----
Thanks for sharing the update, Pete. I didn't realize the flooding was still occurring. Yes, we could use the liquid sunshine up here.

Did your government count any death where a person tested positive as a COVID death like ours did? A person with heart failure that test positive was reported as dying of COVID. Over here, they also were counting anyone in the hospital that tested positive as someone in the hospital for reasons of COVID. Car accident, surgery, broken leg, etc. These folks constituted 60% of the number reported.

#10: Re: Life is good Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 5:50 pm
    ----
Yes Slim…much the same here mate. If you could even say or spell COVID before you died, it was considered a COVID death. That was the way big Parma makes money, and the Govt could justify their coercing people to get the jab. I’ve had the first two because I literally had no choice, but I’ve held off on the booster because I simply don’t trust it…and most of the nasty side effects I’ve heard about come after the third injection.

#11: Re: Life is good Author: tikkat3 PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 11:07 pm
    ----
River is still up here, has been for about two weeks
2 out of 3 roads are under
Expecting one of those to be open this weekend
The main road is expected to open next week but there is more rain coming

#12: Re: Life is good Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 12:18 am
    ----
my new years resolution was to avoid the tin foil hat wearing brigade and to just stay away from all such discussions....too much time and energy has already been expended on the whole chinaflue thing without adding fuel to fire and getting all hot under collar about what may or may not be a conspiricy etc.

so excuse me if I dont join in.....feel free to clutter up your covoid thread...I started this one as a feel good,life is good one..... join in on it or not up to you.
personally Im sick n tired of all the negative bull dust being bandied about,the shooting community is under the spot light enough as it is without adding more fuel to the fire that its members are a bunch of redneck rebels who want to over throw governments etc.....

#13: Re: Life is good Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 5:47 pm
    ----
tikkat3 wrote:
River is still up here, has been for about two weeks
2 out of 3 roads are under
Expecting one of those to be open this weekend
The main road is expected to open next week but there is more rain coming

Be careful and stay safe mate…don’t risk those flood waters. Let me know if I can help in any way…although I can’t stop the rain. Scratch Razz Cool

#14: Re: Life is good Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 6:01 pm
    ----
Elvis wrote:
my new years resolution was to avoid the tin foil hat wearing brigade and to just stay away from all such discussions....too much time and energy has already been expended on the whole chinaflue thing without adding fuel to fire and getting all hot under collar about what may or may not be a conspiricy etc.

so excuse me if I dont join in.....feel free to clutter up your covoid thread...I started this one as a feel good,life is good one..... join in on it or not up to you.
personally Im sick n tired of all the negative bull dust being bandied about,the shooting community is under the spot light enough as it is without adding more fuel to the fire that its members are a bunch of redneck rebels who want to over throw governments etc.....

Yes mate, this Chinese Virus thing is wearing very thin. At least we have had very little in the news about COVID, but we have had to suffer all the political election crap instead…I’m so over all of it.

Did I mention that I’m jealous as hell that you can walk out your back door to hunt mate? I’ve been tempted to set up a tent in my back yard and put cardboard cut outs of rabbits and other critters amongst the hedge and gardens, then borrow my grandsons gel rifle to “cull” them pesky cardboard critters.

On a different note…my chilli seedlings are doing very well…I’ll probably transplant them into their own pot this weekend. They are all Super Hots - 7 Pot Yellow, Kraken K1 and Carolina Reaper. I’ve not had any luck with growing from seeds in the past, so I planted four seeds each of the first two and five of the Reaper…damned if they all didn’t germinate, so I have 13 seedlings to pot up. My grandson to chomping at the bit for the plants to start fruiting so he can make some sauces. These things are too hot for me though.

#15: Re: Life is good Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 6:43 pm
    ----
my "rusty bullet hole" is puckering up and starting to twitch at just the thought of eating something that hot n spicey bud!!!!!

cold wind blowing here today,first really cold day of late autumn early winter,snow on most of the bigger hills yesterday..fire is going ,sun is out doing its best to warm us all up..slapped a coat of paint on rails of our back fence this morning,it was drying almost as quick as it went on in the breaze despite it only just being 10 degrees.
got repreive and dont need to do late night early morning drive tomorrow ,its been pushed back to respectable hours on Monday...will still be huge 4-5 days driving ,but daylight is much better than the witchin hours...much easier to stay alert and look after the stock with careful driving....roll on spring so I can get out of doing stock and back to sowing fertilizer LOL.

-> General