Gong Xi Fa Cai
-> General

#1: Gong Xi Fa Cai Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:51 pm
    ----
Happy Lunar New Year guys.
Prosperity to all.
May the Ox be kinder than the Rat.

#2: Re: Gong Xi Fa Cai Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:07 pm
    ----
Thank you Gelan!

Somehow it seems appropriate that last year was the year of the rat...

#3: Re: Gong Xi Fa Cai Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:28 pm
    ----
Thanks mate. I think The Rat summed up 2020 perfectly.

#4: Re: Gong Xi Fa Cai Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:30 am
    ----
yes heard that today on radio and had same though as you guys..... we can but hope its a better year....all said n done 2020 was a crap year but didnt treat me too badly all things considered.
we havent lost a Nut YET...... another forum I visit lost 3 this past year...

#5: Re: Gong Xi Fa Cai Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:08 pm
    ----
Happy year of the OX Geland.
May the next 12 months be better than the last 12 months.
Ever notice years seem to go quicker these days?

#6: Re: Gong Xi Fa Cai Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:47 pm
    ----
dhc4ever wrote:

Too right mate.
It does go fast indeed.

@Elvis
True mate, while the world seems to go crazy, somehow my (retirement) business is booming and I have so far gone up 300% in revenue. Who am I to complain. Very Happy

#7: Re: Gong Xi Fa Cai Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:44 pm
    ----
gelandangan wrote:
dhc4ever wrote:

Too right mate.
It does go fast indeed.

@Elvis
True mate, while the world seems to go crazy, somehow my (retirement) business is booming and I have so far gone up 300% in revenue. Who am I to complain. Very Happy

Life is like a toilet roll...the closer the end you get, the faster it goes.

300% is outstanding Gelandangan...I’ll lay odds that there are many out there that would be happy with just half of that mate.

#8: Re: Gong Xi Fa Cai Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:12 pm
    ----
Vince wrote:

300% is outstanding Gelandangan...I’ll lay odds that there are many out there that would be happy with just half of that mate.

I agree with that Vince, however, this is only because the government is giving free money to the people rather than my service has gone up, and thus it would last only until the government stopped giving the funds (end of March).
Right now, like a squirrel I am frantically saving left right and center to ensure that the bounty can last for a while in the upcoming slump.

#9: Re: Gong Xi Fa Cai Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:40 pm
    ----
gelandangan wrote:
Vince wrote:

I agree with that Vince, however, this is only because the government is giving free money to the people rather than my service has gone up, and thus it would last only until the government stopped giving the funds (end of March).
Right now, like a squirrel I am frantically saving left right and center to ensure that the bounty can last for a while in the upcoming slump.

Smart move mate...very smart move.

#10: Re: Gong Xi Fa Cai Author: English MikeLocation: Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:23 pm
    ----
Not sure there will BE a slump here in the UK - lots of people sat at home on 80% pay with no travel costs & just itching to get back to normal.
I predict a retail boom lasting several months, followed by a rise in house purchases early next year.
Of course I could be wrong... Very Happy

-> General