YOUR RIGHTS
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> General

#1: YOUR RIGHTS Author: TremblayLocation: Malta, Montana PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:47 am
    ----
FIGHT FOR THEM ,RED FLAG LAW

Sheriff Jesse Watts
February 22 at 1:55 PM ·

So there you are sitting on your front porch with a cold longneck when the local PD rolls up in your yard. Then another parks out by the street. Three officers approach you on your front porch and inform you that there has been a report you are drinking.

"Well, sure I am!" you say, "It's Friday night and I plan to have another."

"We need your car keys sir," the young officer says. "What for?" you inquire.

His reply shocks you..."We have to take your car to keep you from hurting someone!"

"How am I going to hurt someone sitting on my porch with a beer?"

"Well your neighbor says you were threatening a trip to the beach this weekend and you've been accused of drinking, so we have to take your car!"

"But I'm not driving now!"

"Sir, it remains that you have threatened to drive and you are drinking, so we must take possession of your vehicle. You may come to the courthouse Monday for a hearing to determine when, and if, you may get your car back."

This is the same as a red flag gun (ERPO) law!

Having your property (no matter what it is) seized because someone says you "MIGHT POSSIBLY do something" is a violation of the 4th amendment!

There is NO due process!

There is NO facing your accuser!

You're gonna miss those freedoms when they're gone!

Fight for them before they are gone!

#2: Re: YOUR RIGHTS Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:31 pm
    ----
That sounds like something our political idiots would do.
Tell me again how you lot were callled "The land of the free"?

#3: Re: YOUR RIGHTS Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:14 pm
    ----
dhc4ever wrote:
That sounds like something our political idiots would do.
Tell me again how you lot were callled "The land of the free"?

Sounds exactly like our system Pete. Someone lays a vexatious complaint, and then the Police have the power to decide if you are a “fit and proper person” even before they have met or spoken to you. They turn up at your front door and inform you that they are confiscating your firearms as you are now deemed not fit and proper. No argument, no choice...submit or be arrested. Whichever way, your firearms are gone and your chances of getting them back is very slim, even if you take it to Court and the complaint is shown to be vexatious and things are found in your favour. You then have to apply to the Court for reinstatement of your Firearms Licence and return of your firearms...if they haven’t already been destroyed!!!
burr burr burr

#4: Re: YOUR RIGHTS Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:23 pm
    ----
yip that about sums it up Vince.....

#5: Re: YOUR RIGHTS Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:48 am
    ----
Tremblay. Do we know what the NRA thinks of the "red flag law"? I know what my [our] sheriff thinks of the whole idea. He won't have anything to do with that POS law.

#6: Re: YOUR RIGHTS Author: TremblayLocation: Malta, Montana PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:44 am
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
Tremblay. Do we know what the NRA thinks of the "red flag law"? I know what my [our] sheriff thinks of the whole idea. He won't have anything to do with that POS law.

The sheriff here says he will not comply either and for damn sure I won't it will get quit exciting if it happens!!!!!!!

#7: Re: YOUR RIGHTS Author: pete4dLocation: Dixie , Alabama , & Louisiana PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:27 am
    ----
It's not to far off from happening here with some of the anti''s pushing us too the edge

#8: Re: YOUR RIGHTS Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:06 am
    ----
Before you decide to not comply, ask yourself:
1. is it worth going to jail over (my answer is yes)
and
2. do you think a jury of your peers will find you guilty or will they aquit you because they don't believe the law is right either. My bet is on not guilty from at least one juror. A hung jury is better than a conviction.

#9: Re: YOUR RIGHTS Author: TremblayLocation: Malta, Montana PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:53 am
    ----
I agree with you on that paul

#10: Re: YOUR RIGHTS Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:57 am
    ----
Not to mention that the "red flag law" is unconstitutional.

#11: Re: YOUR RIGHTS Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:45 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
Not to mention that the "red flag law" is unconstitutional.

Since when has that mattered to the Dems mate...they couldn’t give a rat’s freckle about the Constitution or the Amendments...all they are interested in is power, control and making money!!! burr

#12: Re: YOUR RIGHTS Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:55 pm
    ----
Yep! Politicians are the same the world over. Some are worse than others but they all want power and control. They rarely serve the people but always serve themselves.

#13: Re: YOUR RIGHTS Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:10 pm
    ----
I've heard of two deaths apparently resulting from "red flag law" raids. Police raided homes around 0430-0500 and killed the gun owners. Seems to me that this whole thing needs to be put on hold and thought through.

#14: Re: YOUR RIGHTS Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:56 pm
    ----
When the gun owners start shooting first it will be put on hold. Cops don't like it when they get shot at.

#15: Re: YOUR RIGHTS Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:51 pm
    ----
Pumpkinslinger wrote:
I've heard of two deaths apparently resulting from "red flag law" raids. Police raided homes around 0430-0500 and killed the gun owners. Seems to me that this whole thing needs to be put on hold and thought through.

I think there will be more to that than meets the eye mate. I can’t imagine Police going in at that hour of the morning for a simple firearms confiscation.

-> General