Pheasant hunt
-> Small Game Hunting

#1: Pheasant hunt Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:48 am
    ----
In early October my nephew, and I went pheasant hunting in New Hampshire. We had a great time on a regulated shooting ground and took ten birds. The dog and dog handler did a great job. My nephew used a Remington 870 Wingmaster and I used a Charles Daly superposed, both were 12 gauges. Andy neglected to reinstall the choke tube in his pump and still did well on various shots without it. We put a tube in his shotgun at home after cleaning our guns. This is my favorite type of hunt. All the best...
Gil

#2: Re: Pheasant hunt Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:24 pm
    ----
Sounds Great, Gil! What size shot were you hunting with?

#3: Re: Pheasant hunt Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:17 pm
    ----
Pheasants are the funnest thing to hunt IMO. 870 Wingmaster is a classic gun too. Sounds like a fun time with your nephew!

-DallanC

#4: Re: Pheasant hunt Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:12 pm
    ----
Great hunt Gil. I’ve never hunted pheasant, but they are supposed to be great to hunt and even better on the table.

#5: Re: Pheasant hunt Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:53 pm
    ----
slimjim,
We were using factory high brass Remington 2 3/4" loaded with #5 shot. All the best...
Gil

#6: Re: Pheasant hunt Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:14 pm
    ----
sounds like he got lucky,not stuffing the thread on choke...yip phesants are great fun and do taste well.

#7: Re: Pheasant hunt Author: TremblayLocation: Malta, Montana PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:34 am
    ----
My great grand daughter ,son and his son inlaw grand daughter is three

-> Small Game Hunting