Sydney Knife Show 2019
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Spam-O-Rama

#1: Sydney Knife Show 2019 Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:50 pm
    ----
Had a great time, drank a lot splitting head ache on Sunday morning.
Sold out all my stock of stuff in 2.5 hours from opening time saturday, then been full on engraving stuff for visitors the rest of the time.
Dont get any time to take photos, but I am sure some would show up in the Facebook account.

The show is getting biggest every year, we have a guest maker Michael Cthulhu from somewhere in the woods of Massachusetts that make huge swords and axes - crazy dude that make impressive impractical weapons Very Happy
and a photographer Jim A Cooper www.SharpByCoop.com with his lovely family (his wife feeds me when I was famished waiting for my dinner on Saturday night Smile )

Below are some photos I appropriated from the Facebook - more are coming as they trickle in.

#2: Re: Sydney Knife Show 2019 Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:56 pm
    ----
I need one of those rulers.
Glad you had a great weekend.

#3: Re: Sydney Knife Show 2019 Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:47 pm
    ----
dhc4ever wrote:
I need one of those rulers.
Glad you had a great weekend.

LOL they are sold out within 2 hours of opening on Saturday.
I will make some more next month Very Happy

#4: Re: Sydney Knife Show 2019 Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:15 pm
    ----
Yeah, a scale like that could come in handy at work!

#5: Re: Sydney Knife Show 2019 Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:15 am
    ----
Reminds me of the old "Fishermans Ruler" from the late 70s. It skipped alot of numbers making the 14" mark on a 10" ruler. LOL

Hey gelandangan, how much do you sell your knives for?

-DallanC

#6: Re: Sydney Knife Show 2019 Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:41 pm
    ----
DallanC wrote:

Hey gelandangan, how much do you sell your knives for?
-DallanC

Hi Dallan
Generally the price of the knives depending on the size, material and embellishment required.
My knives goes from $300 upwards, the most expensive so far is a 14 inches long stainless kitchen sabatier style knife made of RWL34 Damasteel, and that one goes for $2500. The material cost $25 for every 10 mm Shocked

Lately (in the past 2 years) I have been making stamps more than making knives, I have a lot less competition and getting a hell lot more profit out of it Very Happy

#7: Re: Sydney Knife Show 2019 Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:31 pm
    ----
Hey Gelan...looking at your ruler, you have missed a small measurement mate...a POOFTEENTH, being one of the smallest measurements.

#8: Re: Sydney Knife Show 2019 Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:34 pm
    ----
Vince wrote:
Hey Gelan...looking at your ruler, you have missed a small measurement mate...a POOFTEENTH, being one of the smallest measurements.

I will try to put in POOFTEENTH and UMPHTEENTH on next batch.
Laughing

#9: Re: Sydney Knife Show 2019 Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:37 pm
    ----
A walk around video of the show by a mate of mine
youtu.be/xXEHwG6vMJc

#10: Re: Sydney Knife Show 2019 Author: English MikeLocation: Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:05 pm
    ----
gelandangan wrote:
Vince wrote:

Laughing

Best spell "umpteenth" right then... Razz

#11: Re: Sydney Knife Show 2019 Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:17 pm
    ----
English Mike wrote:
gelandangan wrote:
Vince wrote:

Laughing

Best spell "umpteenth" right then... Razz

Laughing

#12: Re: Sydney Knife Show 2019 Author: tikkat3 PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:44 am
    ----
Seems like a great show for you Gelandangan

The finest measurement I have heard of is a "red .... hair"

#13: Re: Sydney Knife Show 2019 Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:49 pm
    ----
tikkat3 wrote:
Seems like a great show for you Gelandangan

The finest measurement I have heard of is a "red .... hair"

Laughing

#14: Re: Sydney Knife Show 2019 Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:05 pm
    ----
love your work mate.

#15: Re: Sydney Knife Show 2019 Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:11 pm
    ----
Thanks Elvis.

-> Spam-O-Rama