SCCY 9mm
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#1: SCCY 9mm Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:37 pm
    ----
Anyone else here tried one?

www.sccy.com/product/cpx-2-tt-9mm/

I thought they would make a pretty good back-up so we went and found Santa a little early this year.

Other than some FTF issues I had with mine, I really like it. I believe the feeding issues are due to not cleaning the mags before it went to the range. I put 150 rounds of Federal American Eagle 115 grain through it and it's starting to smooth out. A good cleaning, including the mags, and another couple hundred rounds should have it running fine. I'm also gonna polish the feed ramp with the Dremel and knock off a couple other sharp edges.

#2: Re: SCCY 9mm Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:08 pm
    ----
I am not familiar with this pistol so I cannot comment on it. It depends what you prefer. I am not in favor of any double-action only pistols that lack a manual safety. I like the 9mm cartridge and have a number of handguns in that caliber. I hope you are able to resolve the FTF issues. Take care. All the best...
Gil

#3: Re: SCCY 9mm Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:21 pm
    ----
Gil,

The original SCCY (CPX-1) was manufactured with a manual safety. From what I read, the safety was removed on the CPX-2 mainly due to customer requests/suggestion.

The trigger pull on this gun is long and fairly heavy, similar to a double action revolver and considered adequate to prevent accidental discharge. It does take some getting used to though.

Last edited by hunterjoe21 on Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total

#4: Re: SCCY 9mm Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:41 pm
    ----
What DA only?

#5: Re: SCCY 9mm Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:05 am
    ----
It is hammer fired double action only. The hammer is not exposed at all.

According to their website, trigger pull is 9 pounds.

#6: Re: SCCY 9mm Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:15 am
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
What DA only?

yes, Bushy, there have been other pistols developed since 1911.

#7: Re: SCCY 9mm Author: RePeteLocation: Gods Country PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:18 am
    ----
slimjim wrote:
Bushmaster wrote:
What DA only?

yes, Bushy, there have been other pistols developed since 1911.

Just too funny.
Party

Worship

#8: Re: SCCY 9mm Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:53 am
    ----
Ooh that hurt... Laughing

#9: Re: SCCY 9mm Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:26 pm
    ----
yeah nah....ya gots ta be able to "fan the hammer".......

#10: Re: SCCY 9mm Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:27 pm
    ----
hunterjoe21 wrote:
The trigger pull on this gun is long and heavy .... It does take some getting used to though ....trigger pull is 9 pounds.

Does it come with a mini exercise machine for your finger? It would be great to have at work to use while you are at your desk.

#11: Re: SCCY 9mm Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:37 am
    ----
Elvis wrote:
yeah nah....ya gots ta be able to "fan the hammer".......

I'd be really interested in watching someone try that with a semi-auto....

#12: Re: SCCY 9mm Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:57 am
    ----
slimjim wrote:
hunterjoe21 wrote:
The trigger pull on this gun is long and heavy .... It does take some getting used to though ....trigger pull is 9 pounds.

Does it come with a mini exercise machine for your finger? It would be great to have at work to use while you are at your desk.

Isn't that what dry firing practice is supposed to Do?

As far as a "desk gun", I think it's perfect for that application. Or a backup in your truck.

Alien Gear Holsters makes a pretty cool "system" that comes with a mount that can be used bedside, in a vehicle, at your desk, etc. I'm also researching options to mount one in Harley Davidson saddlebags

aliengearholsters.com/...ystem.html

Again, this wouldn't be my primary EDC piece, but will make an effective backup

#13: Re: SCCY 9mm Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:57 pm
    ----
That’s an interesting and versatile “carry pack” HJ. Assuming the quality and hard-wearing longevity is there, it would be well worth the price.

As for the 967lb trigger pull that requires an “Arnie” hand and arm to operate, I’m sure there is someone out there that has overcome this by careful tuning and stoning of the action...just a matter of research.

#14: Re: SCCY 9mm Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:29 pm
    ----
hunterjoe21 wrote:
Alien Gear Holsters makes a pretty cool "system" that comes with a mount that can be used bedside, in a vehicle, at your desk, etc.

aliengearholsters.com/...ystem.html

Thanks for sharing, hunterjoe. I hadn't seen a holster like this before. I will check it out.

#15: Re: SCCY 9mm Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:03 pm
    ----
They come in different colors too...

My wife likes purple...

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions