Had to call the Game Warden
-> Big Game Hunting

#1: Had to call the Game Warden Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:48 am
    ----
One of my hunting buddies was greeted by this sight the other morning. His dog won't stop barking. When he went out he saw this in his neighbor's yard. A doe had impaled herself on the top ornament of a wrought iron fence. The tip was a triangle shaped so there was not way to get her off plus it had already worked its way to the top-side hide. Instead of shooting her to put her out of her misery, they called Fish & Game. The game warden said and dispatched her. Told them they did the right thing to call. When he asked if they could keep the venison, he replied "do you have a tag?".

#2: Re: Had to call the Game Warden Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:53 am
    ----
We thought she may have been chased by a coyote.

#3: Re: Had to call the Game Warden Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:18 pm
    ----
You live in a strange country. A few years back I was also called for a roedeer doe that was hit by a train. At that time hunting season was not open, so I called the state game warden and asked what I was allowed to do: he immediatly answered me to kill the animal as I shouldn't let it suffer unnecessary... at such occasions it's an accident and not a hunting act. I'm even not allowed to use a label for game that was killed in an accident instead of a hunting act.
There are laws and rules made by humans and there are higher laws...

the game warden I called followed higher laws as officially I should call a vet who can make the decission over life or death... according the law I'm not qualified for such a decission (and that's very strange, because in open season I 'm sure qualified for that!)

#4: Re: Had to call the Game Warden Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:53 pm
    ----
Aloysius wrote:
There are laws and rules made by humans and there are higher laws...

the game warden I called followed higher laws as officially I should call a vet who can make the decission over life or death... according the law I'm not qualified for such a decission (and that's very strange, because in open season I 'm sure qualified for that!)

Great Point!

#5: Re: Had to call the Game Warden Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:33 pm
    ----
I wouldve shot first and asked questions later....any jury would throw it out as an act of humanity.
if game warden asked for a tag.....I would DEMAND he get around and remove carcass ASAP...he claiming it,he cleans it up....what a muppet.

-> Big Game Hunting