New Savage 10BA Stealth Bolt 6.5 Creedmoor Results
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#1: New Savage 10BA Stealth Bolt 6.5 Creedmoor Results Author: lesterg3Location: Dixie PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:52 am
    ----
OK, so after a few very aggravating trials and tribulations in addition to many delays today I took the Savage 10BA Stealth Bolt 6.5 Creedmoor out for its virgin trial.

I mounted a Leupold VX-2 Rifle Scope 6-18x 40mm, with Warne 1" Maxima Quick-Detachable Weaver-Style Rings, mediun. (Sure am glad Midway contacted me about wanting the low rings, and advising against it). Used a BSA Bore Scope, (IMHO garbage). Lapped the rings.

Used Winchester Match 140 gr. A great buy at Cheaper Than Dirt, about $.12 a round for an order of 200. And no, I am not a salesperson nor do I get a kickback, just believe in bitching about poor service (Cabela's) and good service.

73 degrees.
10 to 15 mile gust from the east.
51% humidity

1 Sandbag on bench.

Not going to bore you or embarrass myself with the 100 yard target, (BSA sucks). But, finally got it close enough to go for some range.

200 yard target,
[img]http://www.huntingnut.com/index.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=random&cat=17371&pos=2863[/img]

The flyer top left is my fault.

300 Yard target,
[img]http://www.huntingnut.com/index.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=lastup&cat=17371&pos=0[/img]

I like it. needs some more work, but I am satisfied for a first try. Besides that I'm old and shaky pretty sure the rifle is better than me. A note on the Accutrigger, a little strange for what I am accustomed to but I like it, mine is set at around 2 pounds.

Always have trouble posting pictures if they don't come up, somebody call Vince he'll fix it.

Last edited by lesterg3 on Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: New Savage 10BA Stealth Bolt 6.5 Creedmoor Results Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:00 pm
    ----
Looking good mate...once you have the rifle shot in and the load massaged you will have a tack driver.

As for the pics mate...the links are good and work.

#3: Re: New Savage 10BA Stealth Bolt 6.5 Creedmoor Results Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:42 pm
    ----
lester, congrats on the excellent results. Looks like you had some great recoil therapy!

#4: Re: New Savage 10BA Stealth Bolt 6.5 Creedmoor Results Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:12 pm
    ----
Looking pretty good there Les!

#5: Re: New Savage 10BA Stealth Bolt 6.5 Creedmoor Results Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:28 am
    ----
Hope you had fun. Can't see the photos. VVIIINNCCCE!!!

#6: Re: New Savage 10BA Stealth Bolt 6.5 Creedmoor Results Author: lesterg3Location: Dixie PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:01 am
    ----
Hey Bushy, and everyone else. I did have some fun it's been a long time since I've done any serious shooting, and I am very please with the results. Of course I don't have a spotting scope so my son-in-law would walk down to the target and take pictures of the results and bring them back to me, honestly after the fiasco with the 100 yard target, thanks to BSA, the rest was pretty easy. I love this rifle.

By the way I cannot see the pictures either. What's going on?

#7: Re: New Savage 10BA Stealth Bolt 6.5 Creedmoor Results Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:26 pm
    ----
I see them, great groups!

#8: Re: New Savage 10BA Stealth Bolt 6.5 Creedmoor Results Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:09 pm
    ----
Yup...I see them now. Nice...Good shooting, Les.

#9: Re: New Savage 10BA Stealth Bolt 6.5 Creedmoor Results Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:34 pm
    ----
good stuff Mate,them bits of paper sure look dead to me....

#10: Re: New Savage 10BA Stealth Bolt 6.5 Creedmoor Results Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:40 pm
    ----
Love the smell of gun smoke and fresh coffee in the morning.

#11: Re: New Savage 10BA Stealth Bolt 6.5 Creedmoor Results Author: lesterg3Location: Dixie PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:41 am
    ----
I get a half cup of coffee every day, real coffee black hot and bitter, you know Navy coffee. But I can still smell all the gun smoke I want.

As for all the other. Thanks guys, I think for an off the self rifle it's PDG. Wish I was still capable of making her shine.

#12: Re: New Savage 10BA Stealth Bolt 6.5 Creedmoor Results Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:10 pm
    ----
Les, with age I'm figuring out that I don't have to be good, I just have to have fun!

#13: Re: New Savage 10BA Stealth Bolt 6.5 Creedmoor Results Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:56 pm
    ----
I like a story with a happy ending. All the best...
Gil

#14: Re: New Savage 10BA Stealth Bolt 6.5 Creedmoor Results Author: English MikeLocation: Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:32 pm
    ----
Pumpkinslinger wrote:
Les, with age I'm figuring out that I don't have to be good, I just have to have fun!

i think that's true of any age, only us older buggers like to have some compensation for eyesight that's no longer 100% (I've recently been told I have cataracts starting to form).

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions