VERY QUIET IN HERE
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  :| |:
-> Spam-O-Rama

#436: Re: VERY QUIET IN HERE Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:27 am
    ----
That last one is downright nasty mate. We have something similar over here but I have no idea what it's called.

#437: Re: VERY QUIET IN HERE Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:32 pm
    ----
Personally I like cholla cactus the best. There's some funny videos of people getting a quick lesson.Hair combs work best

Suz

#438: Re: VERY QUIET IN HERE Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:37 pm
    ----
Suzanne wrote:
Personally I like cholla cactus the best. There's some funny videos of people getting a quick lesson.Hair combs work best

Suz

I’ve seen videos of that nasty nasty beastie...I’m sure it has a mind of its own and is able to target people. I have no desire to even “meet up” with the stuff.

#439: Re: VERY QUIET IN HERE Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:17 am
    ----
Tourists love the stuff, can't get enough of it. My grandma backed into it one time, it's both funny and painful. The spikes have an outside sort of sheath that is like very very thin and crispy with barbs so you can't pull it out without some meat coming with it. When ever I went for a hike or a hunt in the dessert I tried to avoid areas that had cholla cactus altogether. If it was growing there I just wouldn't go in, pass up that area, move on to better places where it's not growing.

In open grazing areas you see cattle with chollas stuck all over them and imagine if you brought your doggie along to run free. There's actually a bird that nests in them and there's desert rats that make hidey holes under piles of cholla pods. What a great protection. We used to collect fruit from cactus but not chollas, too freakin nasty to bother with.

Suz

-> Spam-O-Rama