Favorite cheap gun deals
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#1: Favorite cheap gun deals Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:16 pm
    ----
Did you ever walk into a real steal on a gun bargain? About 5 years ago I stopped at a gun shop just to look around. They had a ton of stuff, half was military surplus and the other half were sporting arms (rifles, handguns and shotguns). I was impressed and just kept looking around. Then I spotted a sporterized U.S. Model of 1917 rifle from WW I that was just beautiful. Someone had spent a lot of money to have the rifle receiver drilled and tapped for scope bases (which were on the rifle with rings), cut and crowned the barrel at 24 inches, reblued the barrel and action and put it in a splendid sporter stock and nicely added a recoil pad. The hang tag said $150, but I knew the shop owner gave discounts. Turns out the rifle had been rechambered into .300 Winchester Magnum caliber and the bolt face and receiver rails had been altered to accommodate the larger cartridge than .30-06 which was the original caliber. I got it for $125 and just shot it again last week. What a great rifle. All the best...
Gil

#2: Re: Favorite cheap gun deals Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:34 pm
    ----
You do get all the deals Gil! Both then and now.

#3: Re: Favorite cheap gun deals Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:27 pm
    ----
well my 7.62x39mm cost me half of what it would be new,the loopy scope quarter of new price.
fired it twice tonight and killed two hares first and 25 yards then its mate at 50 yards
15c cast projectile
less than 5 grns of trailboss powder
primer

nearly same price as .22lr and cheaper than .22mag to run.

#4: Re: Favorite cheap gun deals Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:09 am
    ----
Gil the Magician wrote:
...I got it for $125 and just shot it again last week. What a great rifle.

Damn Gil...how do you do it mate??? If there is anything that even remotely resembles a bargain it will search you out and say "gimme a good home Gil".

Well done on picking up yet another good deal mate.

#5: Re: Favorite cheap gun deals Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:31 am
    ----
What!??! No photos....

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions