issue adding new caliber
-> PointBlank Software

#1: issue adding new caliber Author: Gumberc563Location: Manchester, TN PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:22 am
    ----
Hi all,
I recently purchased a 300 Blackout. The program only has the 300 Whisper. No big deal, I will just add the 300 Blackout to the user caliber SLK file. However once I do that I cant get PointBlank to open. I do not get a specific error simply that an unexpected error has occurred. The only change I made was to remove the add the .308 and 300 Blackout to the Example_caliber_user.slk file. Yes I did remove the Example_ part. Any ideas?

#2: Re: issue adding new caliber Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:30 am
    ----
Hang in there mate. The guru and writer of PointBlank, DallanC checks in regularly so he shouldn't be too far away.

In the meantime, have a read through the Forum...plenty to see there.

#3: Re: issue adding new caliber Author: Gumberc563Location: Manchester, TN PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:04 am
    ----
I am wondering if my use of open office is part of my issue. I am not sure why since it would since I am saving it as the original slk format. however I am no expert. For now I am fine with having it under the 300 whisper. The dimensions are virtually identical. I am more interested in being able to add my different bullet molds or a buddies swagged bullets.

#4: Re: issue adding new caliber Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:13 am
    ----
I have a couple calibers I need to add to the master list. Let me do that then push up a new version in a couple hours. Best to solve this for everyone.

-DallanC

#5: Re: issue adding new caliber Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:23 pm
    ----
300 aac blackout is now in the master list.

-DallanC

#6: Re: issue adding new caliber Author: Gumberc563Location: Manchester, TN PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:35 pm
    ----
That was quick. Thank you. You have an awesome program here.

edit: Not to be a sticky wicket :-D, can you add another 0 to the 300 blackout? Thanks.

#7: Re: issue adding new caliber Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:57 am
    ----
Gumberc563 wrote:
That was quick. Thank you. You have an awesome program here.

edit: Not to be a sticky wicket :-D, can you add another 0 to the 300 blackout? Thanks.

Gah.... sloppy copy and paste. Its done now. I soft patched this, which means I didnt rev the version of the software so it wont auto detect new changes within PointBlank. You will need to run PBPatcher to get the latest file.

Sorry about that.

-DallanC

#8: Re: issue adding new caliber Author: Gumberc563Location: Manchester, TN PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:55 am
    ----
Thanks for the quick fixes. You have great customer service and product. Thank you.

-> PointBlank Software