Aussie users - SSAA targets?
-> PointBlank Software

#1: Aussie users - SSAA targets? Author: landyvladLocation: Brisbane, Australia PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:12 am
    ----
Does anyone have the SSAA targets which I could use in PointBlank?

(For the benefit of everyone else wondering - the Sporting Shooters Association of Australia are an anal pack of retards who won't let anyone use any other targets on their ranges) Mad

#2: Re: Aussie users - SSAA targets? Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:20 am
    ----
Welcome aboard, Im sure Vince or one of the other guys will be able to sort something out for you...anal retards aye???? they must play cricket in the weekends LMAO

#3: Re: Aussie users - SSAA targets? Author: RePeteLocation: Gods Country PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:18 am
    ----
Here is a link to the pdf if that helps.

ssaa.org.au/assets/dis...argets.pdf

#4: Re: Aussie users - SSAA targets? Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:45 am
    ----
Then you just have to convert from the PDF format to the format that Point Blank uses and scale them to match.

#5: Re: Aussie users - SSAA targets? Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:24 am
    ----
I dont supply targets because they are all copy righted. Originally I made it so that it was a simple 100 pixels an inch, and people could resize any existing targets to work with that.

Later, I removed that restriction and you can use any scanned target, but you do have to calibrate it (click center of target, click a spot 1" high, 1" right of center so I can compute the horizontal and vertical scale factors). That all should still be working.

-DallanC

#6: Re: Aussie users - SSAA targets? Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:47 am
    ----
It's great software!
I just wish it was ported to Linux.... Smile

#7: Re: Aussie users - SSAA targets? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:30 am
    ----
landyvlad wrote:
Does anyone have the SSAA targets which I could use in PointBlank?

(For the benefit of everyone else wondering - the Sporting Shooters Association of Australia are an anal pack of retards who won't let anyone use any other targets on their ranges) Mad

If you use the Belmont SSAA Range mate, unfortunately you are stuck with buying the targets from the shop at the range...they will not allow anything else.

I use the Ipswich Branch range at Ripley...you can use any target you like out there...except man targets of course.

#8: Re: Aussie users - SSAA targets? Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:46 am
    ----
Please correct me if I got this wrong !!!
So what your saying is you can't go to the range and stick a orange dot on a piece of white paper and shoot at it ???

#9: Re: Aussie users - SSAA targets? Author: RePeteLocation: Gods Country PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:16 am
    ----
chambered221 wrote:
Please correct me if I got this wrong !!!
So what your saying is you can't go to the range and stick a orange dot on a piece of white paper and shoot at it ???

That's exactly what Vince is saying.

I've seen this tried in Canada too, but thankfully it was reversed at most ranges.

#10: Re: Aussie users - SSAA targets? Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:58 am
    ----
Chamber, that's the moment you discover stones... the nicest are the red building bricks as they make a nice red cloud when hit. And 1 big advantage: it doesn't cost any stickers to cover the holes as in a paper target.
Did I mention it's more fun as most of the time there are no witness holes when you miss? So it's not showing how far you missed...

-> PointBlank Software