How Do You Prime?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
-> Reloading Ammunition

#31: Re: How Do You Prime? Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:28 am
    ----
a whole "set" of lee shell holders are less than a single set of dies. but being a tightwad myself I hear you Mate lol

#32: Re: How Do You Prime? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:44 am
    ----
Since starting to research this subject, I've actually come across some very interesting and also high end priming tools.

The 21st Century Stainless Primer Seating Tool is a very neat looking tool as is the Frankford Platinum Series Handheld Depriming Tool and the Frankford Arsenal Platinum Series Perfect Seat Hand Priming Tool.

Then there's the Sinclair Priming Tool, the K&M Primer Deluxe Hand Priming Tool (one with a dial gauge fitted), the Forster Co-Ax Bench Priming Tool also the Holland Perfect Primer Seater.

Then we can look at the bench mounted units like the APS Bench-Mounted Priming Tool manufactured by Huntington Dies Specialties, the Bald Eagle Precision Primer Press, and the Primal Rights Competition Primer Seater (CPS).

There is certainly a long list of priming options out there, and I'm sure I've missed some, depending on the depth of your pockets and the perceived quality of the tool. There is most definitely some food for thought to be found. One thing I have noticed is there is a school of thought that primers stored in a priming tube is not a very safe practice. The primer tray or the RCBS system of strips is much safer from what I've seen and read.

#33: Re: How Do You Prime? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:46 am
    ----
Yes you did. The LEE press mounted priming system. Check with Gelandangan about it.

#34: Re: How Do You Prime? Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:42 am
    ----
Some shell holders will interchange among brands !!!

Older RCBS holders are a bit different. They don't even fit their own hand primer. Confused Scratch

#35: Re: How Do You Prime? Author: OldSchoolRanger PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:44 pm
    ----
Vince wrote:

One thing I have noticed is there is a school of thought that primers stored in a priming tube is not a very safe practice. The primer tray or the RCBS system of strips is much safer from what I've seen and read.

Your correct on both counts. A good friend of mine was reloading on his Dillon 650, and a primer went off somehow. The entire tube of primers went off. He didn't get hurt because of Dillons design, but it scared the poop out of him, and did some minor damage to his basement ceiling. Needless to say his old lady wasn't too happy.

#36: Re: How Do You Prime? Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:31 am
    ----
bet she wasnt too happy cleaning his soiled jocks either!!!!!!

#37: Re: How Do You Prime? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:46 am
    ----
Elvis wrote:
bet she wasnt too happy cleaning his soiled jocks either!!!!!!

Scratch Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked wtf wtf

-> Reloading Ammunition