Bacon Wrapped Grilled Cheese
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> Recipes

#16: Re: Bacon Wrapped Grilled Cheese Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:38 pm
    ----
that side effect ...dizziness..falling over,inability to drive is common after a wine or 6 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

#17: Re: Bacon Wrapped Grilled Cheese Author: Grey_Wolf PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:51 pm
    ----
Elvis wrote:
that side effect ...dizziness..falling over,inability to drive is common after a wine or 6 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Yeah them days are far behind now though the feeling is similar. Hit once when in the truck parked - thought I was gonna fall out of my chair. Had it hit several times when out walking in the pasture checking cows/calves in the spring. Good thing the fence was there for me to hang on to.

#18: Re: Bacon Wrapped Grilled Cheese Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:43 am
    ----
G_W, just for your info and I bet you'll remember "20 %" Smile

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_wine

www.winesofportugal.in...Node=18091

#19: Re: Bacon Wrapped Grilled Cheese Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:48 am
    ----
Aloysius wrote:
G_W, just for your info and I bet you'll remember "20 %" Smile

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_wine

www.winesofportugal.in...Node=18091

Ahh, Port wine. I enjoy a nice aged Tawny Port as an after dinner sip. I have a 4 litre wooden barrel, made from white oak staves taken from old Jim Beam barrels. There is a well trained and very competent cooper who resides a few hours north of me and he makes these barrels for those that like to put their favourite tipple into wood.

My barrel was a parting gift from my Sergeants' Mess when I left the Army and was made in Bundaberg QLD...

Schmeiders Cooperage

As can be seen from their website they make a good range of barrels, both upright casks and traditional barrels. There is even a barrel that would meet Bushy's needs...a 30 litre barrel that would be great for oak aging scotch.

But, getting back onto topic...I would imagine a nice Port, or Porto, would go well with a well made Bacon Wrapped Grilled Cheese snack.

-> Recipes