When will the Iraqi Army be trained?
-> General

#1: When will the Iraqi Army be trained? Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:55 pm
    ----
According to the news stories, the Iraqi forces ran away over the last few days and left behind a lot of military equipment and helpless civilians to Isis. Looks like we have been training the Iraqi Army for over ten years and one wonders when they will complete basic training. Sounds like South Vietnam all over again. Does not look good. All the best...
Gil

#2: Re: When will the Iraqi Army be trained? Author: BigBlueLocation: Lehigh Township, Pennsylvania PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 4:22 pm
    ----
Our history of nation building hasn't gone well has it. It's hard to bring democracy to an uncivilized population and it has been said that some of these countries actually need a dictator in order for them to function. Iraq may well fit that category. Liz Cheney, Daughter of Dick Cheney, recently tweeted a question for Hillary and Obama asking if they knew then what they know now would they still have abandoned Iraq.

#3: Re: When will the Iraqi Army be trained? Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:03 pm
    ----
Remember how hard they fought us ... Not.

On the bright side, also remember that they held Iran at bay for eight years!

#4: Re: When will the Iraqi Army be trained? Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:55 pm
    ----
we keep making the same mistake overseas; you can't give someone their rights - they have to learn to fight for them. Until then it's like trying to cure an addict that likes the high better than anything life has to offer.

We got to the point once where we had to fight for our freedom, it may happen again.

#5: Re: When will the Iraqi Army be trained? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 11:56 pm
    ----
Paul the Intelligent wrote:
...We got to the point once where we had to fight for our freedom, it may happen again.

Unfortunately Paul, I think the possibility of that is on the horizon for quite a few countries...Australia included. burr burr

Sniper Evil or Very Mad
Pistol Shooting ..... Evil or Very Mad
Shooting . .... Evil or Very Mad
Sniper Evil or Very Mad
Pistol Shooting ..... Evil or Very Mad
Shooting ...... Evil or Very Mad

#6: Re: When will the Iraqi Army be trained? Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:29 am
    ----
I believe you may be right. Sad that it would come to that...

#7: Re: When will the Iraqi Army be trained? Author: lesterg3Location: Dixie PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:49 pm
    ----
It's hard to bring people to freedom when they really have no idea what being free means. If you've been a subject for 10,000 years with no responsibility it's very difficult to understand the responsibility of freedom. Most of the people in the U.S. don't understand it so why would a people who have been dictated to for centuries. IMHO.

#8: Re: When will the Iraqi Army be trained? Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 8:22 pm
    ----
Insightful, lester

#9: Re: When will the Iraqi Army be trained? Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 3:42 pm
    ----
Apparently the Iraq's did put up a good fight for about 3 days.
Isis simply beat them in this case.
Are they ever going to be as good as a western army?
Probably not.
Isis seems to have a clue, I wonder who has the experience in that outfit.

#10: Re: When will the Iraqi Army be trained? Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:19 pm
    ----
Scratch my above post.
They did an arab and run away.
W.O.F.T.A.M the whole country.

Wheres Bush, bet the weapons of mass hysteria story doesn't sound so good now.

#11: Re: When will the Iraqi Army be trained? Author: radarLocation: North Island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:19 pm
    ----
As mad as ISIS is I'd be more concerned about the Chinese influence in our world - that is a real threat to democracy and our respective countries.

#12: Re: When will the Iraqi Army be trained? Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:45 pm
    ----
It will be fun when Isis becomes bold/stupid enough to take on the chinese.
They have a whole different view on rules of engagement and have few hand wringing soft c#£%s in their leadership.
Might give the chinese something else to do besides cyber attacks and buying up the western world.

#13: Re: When will the Iraqi Army be trained? Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:22 pm
    ----
they are all a threat to the way we live.

#14: Re: When will the Iraqi Army be trained? Author: lesterg3Location: Dixie PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:19 am
    ----
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

-> General