Latest acquisition
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
-> Reloading Ammunition

#31: Re: Latest acquisition Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:37 pm
    ----
Is it here yet?
Is it here yet?
Is it here yet?
Is it here yet?
Is it here yet?
Is it here yet?

#32: Re: Latest acquisition Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:03 pm
    ----
AAARRRGGGHHH !!!!! Bang Head Smash

#33: Re: Latest acquisition Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:56 pm
    ----
31 posts on this thread and it isn't even there yet!

#34: Re: Latest acquisition Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:57 pm
    ----
Sad

#35: Re: Latest acquisition Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:26 pm
    ----
Misc ITS HERE!!! Misc
Misc ITS HERE!!! Misc
Faint

All I need is time to rip it apart and refurbish..
Quite dirty, dusty and its spent primer bottle still full of spent primer, and the powder dispenser caking of old powder.
Otherwise all looks Ok, the transport runs and all action smooth.

Ahh, missing the empty cartridge tubes too.. these I cold get from Lee I guess.

#36: Re: Latest acquisition Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:29 pm
    ----
dhc4ever wrote:
Is it here yet?
Is it here yet?
Is it here yet?
Is it here yet?
Is it here yet?
Is it here yet?

Postman been yet?

#37: Re: Latest acquisition Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:44 am
    ----
dhc4ever wrote:
dhc4ever wrote:
Is it here yet?
Is it here yet?
Is it here yet?
Is it here yet?
Is it here yet?
Is it here yet?

Postman been yet?

YES!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

#38: Re: Latest acquisition Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:49 am
    ----
Bugger...if I had been able to visit today I might have been able to view this magic machine.

#39: Re: Latest acquisition Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:22 am
    ----
LOL, it is home now, just spent some 4 hours trying to work out how it work and at the same time do cleaning of the machine.
Some bright mind put OIL in the machine, I guess they do not know much about reloading... The machine is caking powder all over the place.

Very interesting machine.. huge and definitely built to last.
Works pretty good and I got every parts original except the tubes for the empty cases.
Original caliber was 45 ACP, with original C&H carbide dies set!

Now I converted it to 38 SPL with Lee dies, it still has a couple of snags.
I need to machine out my expander die so it become a bit shorter to suit the machine's powder thrower and to make me a small primer pusher and cup.
I got CNC mill and lathe, so this will not be too much of an issue..

Afterwards I got to find a place to install it on.. (with blessing from SWMBO of course..)

#40: Re: Latest acquisition Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:31 am
    ----
I'm recently reading some old manuals on reloading and what did I find page 242 of an old ABC's of RELOADING bij Dean Grennell? Right, a picture of the Auto-CHampion loader from C-H Tool en Die Corp.... "it's designed for rapid production of handgun ammunition"

by the way: did your post-pigeons do the last part of their trip on footh or were they on strike? Don't they know they shouldn't keep an old man waiting for his toys?

but all well that ends well... have fun!

#41: Re: Latest acquisition Author: OldSchoolRanger PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:06 pm
    ----
Very interesting write up on a nice piece of machinery. Let us know after you get it running. I'm sure everyone wants to know about the quality of the 38 Spl ammo you load on it.

#42: Re: Latest acquisition Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:13 pm
    ----
I am embarrased, to tell the truth, since I acquired the machine I have yet to use it full on to reload.
I have still used my DIllon Square Deal.
I might sell the behemoth soon.

-> Reloading Ammunition