Please help me not muder my chronograph....!!!!
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> Reloading Ammunition

#16: Re: Please help me not muder my chronograph....!!!! Author: Rifleshooter09 PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:38 pm
    ----
Something i just found out the other day that might be of interest to some of you. My dad got a F-1 shooting Chrony for christmas. We took it out to the local range. works good for some applications. however it still will not clock a slow moving pistol bullet or a 17 hmr bullet. it started reading some really bogus velocities. either really low or really high. I decided i'd look up what information i could find about it on the internet. first thing they say about it is don't use it in the vincinity if high tension power lines. lol. the local range sits under three set of HT's lol. might explain the pecularities. I agree that a chronograph is a necessary piece of equipment if you are going to get serious about making long range shots. you have to get intimate with the ballistics of you're particular rifle/ammunition combination. i learned a while ago that the book is not close enough to be counted on. Everyone's pressure/test barrels are different and data can be all over the map. for instance i have a savage 110 in .223 rem. in F.C. brass i'm loading 25.5 grains of H335 behing a 55 gr hornady v-max. according to speer #13 that particular combination should achieve roughly 3,000 ft/sec. Chrony says 3200 ft/sec. makes quite a difference in the realm of ballistics. I hope i'm not rattling on so i'll bring this to a close. i will finish with this statement. it is my belief that anything you do to make your shooting more precise, all help a little bit to improve accuracy. Conisistency in all things related leads to accuracy.

#17: Re: Please help me not muder my chronograph....!!!! Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:40 pm
    ----
Mine will...Of course it is a Pact Mod One..

#18: Re: Please help me not muder my chronograph....!!!! Author: roklokLocation: Fairbanks, Alaska PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:19 pm
    ----
Was the power lines the reason it wasnt reading the slow moving velocities? I have shot all sorts of projectiles over my F-1 and it will read everything.I have clocked arrows,pellets,BBs from air rifles all sorts of handguns,muzzleloaders,and rifles.The only time I have had trouble is right before dark when the lighting is too dim.

-> Reloading Ammunition