Had surgery
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> General

#1: Had surgery Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:25 am
    ----
Oops, I wasn't thinking when I mentioned it in the Veterans thread, and I don't want to muddy up an important thread like that with off topic stuff explaining it.

Anywho, I went in for surgery Tuesday morning and had my Gall Bladder taken out. Its been giving me alot of grief lately and wasn't even functioning. The surgery went well I suppose... I'm still alive. The pain afterward though has been terrible, I felt like they hacked it out with a rusty knife or something. I've been pretty under the weather since then.

-DallanC

#2: Re: Had surgery Author: TremblayLocation: Malta, Montana PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:28 am
    ----
Hey no problem Dallan

#3: Re: Had surgery Author: AzarLocation: Utah PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:29 am
    ----
Ooof.

Recover quickly. I'm sure there is at least one species you haven't got your boy on this year. There's still time. You don't want to disappoint the lad! Wink

What? Me jealous? Naaaah.

#4: Re: Had surgery Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:37 am
    ----
That may slow ya down for a while so the rest of us can catch up.

Get up and about as soon as ya can. Don't want ya lazin' around.

Get well soon.

#5: Re: Had surgery Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:04 am
    ----
what doesn't kill you, can make you stronger...

as long as they can cut and remove all the nasty things or replace by better...

and for your info: our roebucks also don't have a gall blatter and you should see them go! Smile

#6: Re: Had surgery Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:29 pm
    ----
Glad to hear it's all gone well.
My wife and most of her family have had their gall bladder's removed with no ill effects. Just watch your diet, high fat food will upset your system.
Get well.

#7: Re: Had surgery Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:40 pm
    ----
Get well soon Dallan.

A few of my mates also got their gall bladder removed, and they seems to recover good.

#8: Re: Had surgery Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:42 pm
    ----
Get well bud.....

#9: Re: Had surgery Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:41 pm
    ----
dhc4ever wrote:
Just watch your diet, high fat food will upset your system.

With all the elk, vension, etc, his family has harvested this hunting season, I don't think Dallan will have a problem eating lean. Get well soon!

#10: Re: Had surgery Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:25 pm
    ----
Take care Dallan.

#11: Re: Had surgery Author: tikkat3 PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:39 pm
    ----
Sorry to hear about the pain Dallan. Hope it goes soon.
I haven't noticed any difference, its been a couple of years

#12: Re: Had surgery Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:24 pm
    ----
That's a BIG bugger mate. Hope everything goes well and you recover quicker than you hoped.

Get well soon mate...your young fella needs you to guide him onto his next hunting triumph.

#13: Re: Had surgery Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:56 am
    ----
Hope you get feeling better soon Dallan! I had that done about 13 years ago with no noticeable side effects. The surgery sure beats the pain of the gall bladder problem!

#14: Re: Had surgery Author: EremiusLocation: Owosso, MI PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:00 am
    ----
Ack! Hope you are feeling better Dan.

Take advantage of the good drugs they give you!

Last edited by Eremius on Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total

#15: Re: Had surgery Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:38 pm
    ----
Feeling much much better today. Went on a minor shopping trip with the wife just to walk around a bit... she even said ok to "wander around Cabela's" while we were near by. Sadly I didn't get to buy anything. hehe.

-DallanC

-> General