Camp Trailer
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> General

#1: Camp Trailer Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:09 am
    ----
If you and the missus decide to go hunting/camping away from civilisation or off the beaten track, you could do worse than tow one of these trailers.

Amazing Camping Trailer

#2: Re: Camp Trailer Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:05 am
    ----
very well thought off design.
Want!

#3: Re: Camp Trailer Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:02 am
    ----
Swiss army knife? tow behind. Where's the tweasers? Built very rugged, I've seen similar home built stuff but nothing as well thought out with such imaginative use of spaces and gadgets. The demo guy probably had to go to school to remember all the tricks this thing does.

Suz

#4: Re: Camp Trailer Author: TremblayLocation: Malta, Montana PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:48 am
    ----
someone convince the missis I need one ---nice

#5: Re: Camp Trailer Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:29 pm
    ----
Nice indeed, price is for the 440 model (49,000 Australian $ which is around $44,000 Us dollars).

Shocked wtf Sad

#6: Re: Camp Trailer Author: TremblayLocation: Malta, Montana PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:03 pm
    ----
YIKES---------------

#7: Re: Camp Trailer Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:11 pm
    ----
YEOW!! that's some cash! It should be able to drive you there too!

Suz

#8: Re: Camp Trailer Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:25 pm
    ----
These camper trailers are for off road use, and the dirt tracks in our outback are extremely rough, hence the need for a tough camp trailer...and the cost.

Suz, the guy doing the walk around is most likely the company rep.

#9: Re: Camp Trailer Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:09 am
    ----
Rich people buy stuff like this to hit the remote areas around Moab UT, jeep safari type people with deep pockets. They look cool but I have alot mroe things I'd rather spend that much $$$ on. I also like a hard sided trailer... we had a kid sleeping in a tent killed a few miles from my house once, bear tore open the tent and grabbed him by the head.

-DallanC

#10: Re: Camp Trailer Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:25 pm
    ----
Damn!
We are lucky that predators here in Oz are not as aggressive.
Well croc may take you in your camp, but if you plan your site well, the chance would be extremely small.
Except of course near Brisbane, where drop bears runs free.... then again you would not need a camper van there.

#11: Re: Camp Trailer Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:13 pm
    ----
Wow, that's nasty Dallan. We are lucky out here in that Australia doesn't have any predators that will eat you other than the salt water crocodile. As Gelan said, a badly sited camp near a river, creek or waterhole with crocs can put you on the menu.

I suppose camping with a swag would be out of the question over there. A swag is a common form of "tent" out here...functional, easy to carry and erect, a bit like a bivvy bag.

#12: Re: Camp Trailer Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:41 pm
    ----
I've been looking at this for a while...

www.letsgoaero.com/Gea...125-gl.htm

#13: Re: Camp Trailer Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:27 pm
    ----
That looks pretty good Punkin...easy to erect and nice and light to tow.

#14: Re: Camp Trailer Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:48 am
    ----
These are popular around here. Some models you can put an ATV on top of, others have a ATV deck just ahead of the trailer itself. Pretty ruggedly built.

www.jumpingjacktrailers.com/

-DallanC

#15: Re: Camp Trailer Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:26 am
    ----
Wow...that is the most versatile setup I've ever seen. It solves the problems if having a camper and a useful carryall trailer easily...and it's strong enough to carry a couple of quads on top ad well.

-> General