A most useful invention
-> Spam-O-Rama

#1: A most useful invention Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:54 am
    ----
This is a great piece of kit...who says Aussies are dumb. Laughing

For our mates in the US, a stubby is a 375ml bottle of the amber nectar of the Gods...BEER.

The Stubby Strip

#2: Re: A most useful invention Author: RePeteLocation: Gods Country PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:33 am
    ----
Great idea!

#3: Re: A most useful invention Author: 44martyLocation: Cheshire, MA; USA PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:39 pm
    ----
That is an even BETTER invention than the wheel !!!

THANKS, Vince, this stubby is for you. Heck - have a Dicken's Cider wide-mouth for a chaser !!

#4: Re: A most useful invention Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:38 am
    ----
thats just brilliant
but you cant sit on it like ya crate!!!
but when was the last time you bought one of those to cart to a party like we did "back in the day"

#5: Re: A most useful invention Author: radarLocation: North Island New Zealand PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:50 pm
    ----
For those that don't understand Elvis - a crate is 12 x 745 ml beer bottles housed in a wooden box (crate).
Its a right of passage for all Kiwi Blokes to at least own a crate and actually finish one in one sitting - yes thats right 12 bottles of beer….Ive done it, not that proud of the fact now but at the time I was a legend.

We actually have National Crate Day here. It is supposed to be a shared crate amongst mates, i.e. probably 3 - 4 blokes per crate and a barbecue and generally a good time. A National Radio Station (the Rock FM) are the main sponsors and most people get into the scheme but theres always those that don't know when to say "When". - No more beersies for you. (another campaign to promote better drinking habits amongst us Kiwis)

#6: Re: A most useful invention Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:11 am
    ----
Hey Radar,
Dont they bring beer around in bulk trailers anymore?

#7: Re: A most useful invention Author: radarLocation: North Island New Zealand PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:58 pm
    ----
Yeah we can go better,
Keg 50L, mini Tankers a trailer 500L you tow it to where you want it and away you go, then you're looking at full size tankers.
You can also get your supplies on Pallets if you're keen.
Pallet parties have been known to last all night!!!!!

#8: Re: A most useful invention Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:10 pm
    ----
radar wrote:
For those that don't understand Elvis - a crate is 12 x 745 ml beer bottles housed in a wooden box (crate).
Its a right of passage for all Kiwi Blokes to at least own a crate and actually finish one in one sitting - yes thats right 12 bottles of beer….Ive done it, not that proud of the fact now but at the time I was a legend.

We have a similar tradition here, except with our 24 packs of beer, of ~350ml each.

Or downing a 750ml bottle of Rye.

Dimitri

#9: Re: A most useful invention Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:02 pm
    ----
Dimitri wrote:
radar wrote:

We have a similar tradition here, except with our 24 packs of beer, of ~350ml each.

Dimitri

Our slabs are 24 of 375ml. I've known guys that can drink a slab in a sitting, but they are guzontupeeded big time...they are talking left-handed braille with their feet.

Or downing a 750ml bottle of Rye. Surprised wtf Shocked Shocked That would be enough to kill a brown dog mate.
I'd hate to even imagine what it would do to me.

#10: Re: A most useful invention Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:47 pm
    ----
Technically, a 2-4 of beer has more alcohol (420ml) in it then the 750ml bottle of Rye (300ml).

Dimitri

#11: Re: A most useful invention Author: RePeteLocation: Gods Country PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:46 am
    ----
Dimitri wrote:
radar wrote:

Dimitri

Or both.

I don't know about Aussie brew but US has about 4% = 6% alcohol, Canadian has 5% to 8% alcohol.

My ex's late uncle used to drink a 40oz of Canadian Club rye whiskey every day.

#12: Re: A most useful invention Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:46 pm
    ----
LOL
Bob Hawke, Oz Prime Minister in the 80's finished a yard glass..
in less than 12 seconds...
Quite a feat..

-> Spam-O-Rama