keeping meat clean
-> Big Game Hunting

#1: keeping meat clean Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:02 pm
    ----
sorry Ive taken so long to getting around to doing this guys n gals, had to wait till I found some muggins to carry out an animal whole so I could do it with camera person handy...easy to do this up the hill and big bonus is the ability to cool meat off quickly without getting it dirty. the skin will/should cool fast enough too especially if you can hang finished product up so air can get right around it.
load of photos to post so will take awhile.

#2: Re: keeping meat clean Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:04 pm
    ----
you can do this with gut still in but you wont get the flap/flank meat and may forget the eye steaks n heart

#3: Re: keeping meat clean Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:06 pm
    ----
keep close to bone

#4: Re: keeping meat clean Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:08 pm
    ----
watch when you get back further to ensure you get under juicy back steaks

#5: Re: keeping meat clean Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:10 pm
    ----
get into ball joint

#6: Re: keeping meat clean Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:11 pm
    ----
keep going close to bone

#7: Re: keeping meat clean Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:14 pm
    ----
1/2 time change sides.... flop beast back onto out stretched skin

Last edited by Elvis on Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

#8: Re: keeping meat clean Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:16 pm
    ----
keep at it/and lift out spine/ribcage

Last edited by Elvis on Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

#9: Re: keeping meat clean Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:17 pm
    ----
here she is, if you want to get really fancy you could bone out legs too, but we leave them in...dog has to have something to chew on!!!

Last edited by Elvis on Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

#10: Re: keeping meat clean Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:19 pm
    ----
then find some young muggins to carry it out for you

#11: Re: keeping meat clean Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:01 pm
    ----
Good one Elvis.

I hang the animal by the back legs, skin it, then start on the outside...taking the backstraps, then the tenderloins, the hind quarters then whatever is left.

#12: Re: keeping meat clean Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:35 am
    ----
Thats a good way mate.
I usually throw away the guts and drag the rest to nearest cross road before getting it to the car.
I can see that ridding the ribs would keep the weight down, but I would maybe keep some, I love bbq ribs.

#13: Re: keeping meat clean Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:56 pm
    ----
Good post Elvis. Maybe you should make a movie or a story with a link to you-tube.

IDEA!!
Hey maybe that's a great idea to start a you-tube channel for huntingnut.com?

Posting Dallans gutless method plus reloading, tips and tricks and other things us nuts do.

#14: Re: keeping meat clean Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:09 pm
    ----
Thats an interesting thought....

-DallanC

#15: Re: keeping meat clean Author: moose2Location: North Idaho PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:25 pm
    ----
A great post here Elvis. It always great to have alternatives to taking care of ones game. Some good photography also. Thanks for sharing this info. Very Happy

-> Big Game Hunting