Shipping
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> General

#1: Shipping Author: SingleShotLoverLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:21 am
    ----
I experienced some severe sticker-shock while placing my latest order with Midway. With a final product amount of about $150, the shipping added another $45 to the total cost. Since this amounts to 30% of the product price, I stopped the process. I know that shipping has continued to rise, but this seems a little unreasonable...and that was even using the cheapest option.

#2: Re: Shipping Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:22 am
    ----
You should try it from our side of the pond.
The cynic in me says they're sucking you in with a low price and getting it back with postage.
Ebay has a lot to answer for.

#3: Re: Shipping Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:37 am
    ----
wait till diesel gets over $2 per litre $8 per gallon
then you will see shipping!!!
$45US say $75-80NZ buys a heck of alot of shipping I could get a half dozen full bodied geese from anywhere in the country for that.

#4: Re: Shipping Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:08 am
    ----
I gave a piece of my mind to Midway the other day. Due to hazmat charges, what I ordered came to twice the product cost. I ordered some parts and a 4 oz bottle of copper solvent. They charged me for hazmat that I have never paid before for the same copper solvent. Told them to stuff it.

#5: Re: Shipping Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:26 am
    ----
Shipping has been upside down here in North Texas. That early December ice storm stopped shipping for 4 days. UPS never recovered. They are still out delivering their Christmas packages.

SSL, what did you order? I just added $170 of bullets to my cart and shipping was only $13.

Bushy, I wonder if new Gov't regulations has cause the Hazmat fees to be added to some chemicals?

#6: Re: Shipping Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:38 am
    ----
It doesn't matter. I DON"T pay hazmat for anything. The whole thing is a farce...

#7: Re: Shipping Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:18 am
    ----
I agree with Bushy on the haz/mat fee Mad

I made 2 different orders from Midway and both have different haz/mat charges on them. Plus their shipping and handling fees are way to high.

I could probably drive down there and pick up the items for less then it cost to ship.

#8: Re: Shipping Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:17 pm
    ----
The hazmat fees are standard with every supplier you will buy and order from and have shipped. That's why I order four 8-pound kegs of powder - the hazmat fee is still the same as for 1 pound of powder.

#9: Re: Shipping Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:32 pm
    ----
That is the highest hazmat fee I have seen. The lowest was $25 per package and they refused to send primers in the same carton with powder so for the separate box it was another $25 hazmat fee. I won't pay it and told them that they need to start paying attention to their customer's needs or they won't be able to sell anything.
I'll drive to Pendleton and buy it in person rather than give $25 extra dollars for a $15 purchase.

#10: Re: Shipping Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:28 pm
    ----
Do I hear an AMEN!!

#11: Re: Shipping Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:20 pm
    ----
AMEN!!!

#12: Re: Shipping Author: SingleShotLoverLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:23 pm
    ----
My order consisted of two soft rifle cases, a couple of bipods and some other small things. I realize that the cases would make the packaging a little bulky, but $45 is still outrageous. I recently placed an order for 5,000 cast bullets with another supplier and shipping was free...and the cost for the bullets was far below Midway's equivalent product.

#13: Re: Shipping Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:51 am
    ----
In that case vote with your wallet, dont buy from midway,simples

#14: Re: Shipping Author: TremblayLocation: Malta, Montana PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:36 pm
    ----
AMEN

#15: Re: Shipping Author: TRBLSHTRLocation: Lower 48's-left coast(near portlandia) PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:05 pm
    ----
PaulS wrote:
That is the highest hazmat fee I have seen. The lowest was $25 per package and they refused to send primers in the same carton with powder so for the separate box it was another $25 hazmat fee. I won't pay it and told them that they need to start paying attention to their customer's needs or they won't be able to sell anything.
I'll drive to Pendleton and buy it in person rather than give $25 extra dollars for a $15 purchase.
Hey Paul S.-what did you do,move to the east side of washington near the "land of the many windmills"?I used to pass thru there on the way to clarkston/lewiston.

-> General