The Post-American World
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Spam-O-Rama

#1: The Post-American World Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:44 am
    ----
What the hell is this... A picture is worth a thousand words. SOMEONE WAS AT THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME WITH A CAMERA. IT WAS REPORTED THAT PRESIDENT OBAMA WAS FURIOUS THAT HE WAS CAUGHT ON CAMERA AND IT WAS PUBLISHED AND TRIED TO BLOCK IT. The name of the book Obama is holding is called: The Post-American World, and it was written by a fellow Muslim.(Fareed Zakaria) "Post" America means: The World "After" America !"

Received this on Facebook tonight. Rumour has it that the picture has been around for quite some time, but this is the first time I have seen it.

I don't know what the story is behind Whammy having this book, but it stinks to high heaven if you ask me. You make up your own mind and share as appropriate.

#2: Re: The Post-American World Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:26 am
    ----
Neat huh!!

#3: Re: The Post-American World Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:06 am
    ----
our glorious commander and chief Flame Thumbs Down

#4: Re: The Post-American World Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:22 am
    ----
"who would be king".

#5: Re: The Post-American World Author: TRBLSHTRLocation: Lower 48's-left coast(near portlandia) PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:14 am
    ----
wtf Maybe he's just doing a little lite reading-boning up for the test so to speak........................For boning us! Evil or Very Mad

#6: Re: The Post-American World Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:51 pm
    ----
Who would be Sheik, mullah, Rasool.

#7: Re: The Post-American World Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:49 pm
    ----
Same thing

#8: Re: The Post-American World Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:38 pm
    ----
Maybe hes reading to get some ideas.
The USA is in trouble, its had an economic decline for over 5 years, 16 trillion dollars in debt, insists on burying its head in the sand on a lot of issues and requires something like 3.6 trillion to rebuild its infrastructure back to first world standard, its companies insist on outsoursing jobs overseas so the current CEO can make the books on his watch look very good so he can get his massive bonus and move on, destroying the countries manufacturing industry and putting the people who would buy their products out of a job, sothey dont buy, an endless downward spiral, which incidently most western countries seem to be suffering.
I cant see this changing in the current ecomonic model or political system where sound bites and point scoring is more important than a workable plan to "fix" the issues at hand.
The worse thing about this is we in the west have allowed it to happen.

#9: Re: The Post-American World Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:29 pm
    ----
"There are no easy answers' but there are simple answers. We must have the courage to do what we know is morally right." Ronald Reagan

#10: Re: The Post-American World Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:30 am
    ----
And do what's going to piss a whole bunch of people off. End the free ride.

#11: Re: The Post-American World Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:59 am
    ----
Exactly Bushy, we're supporting more people than we have revenue, when does that stop? More people work for the government than in private industry because of the benefits, when does that stop?

It doesn't, the next plan is the same plan over and over.

#12: Re: The Post-American World Author: English MikeLocation: Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:52 pm
    ----
I'm guessing it's a picture book.....

#13: Re: The Post-American World Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:11 pm
    ----
Fareed Rafiq Zakaria is an Indian-American journalist and author. From 2000 to 2010, he was a columnist for Newsweek and editor of Newsweek International. In 2010 he became editor-at-large of Time. He is the host of CNN's Fareed Zakaria GPS.

He cites Australia's 1996 ban and limiting access to guns as a solution to "gun violence". He also states; The other argument against any serious gun control is that it's unconstitutional, an attempt to undo American history. In fact, something close to the opposite is true.

From Wiki;
Zakaria self-identifies as a "centrist", though he has been described variously as a political liberal, a conservative, a moderate, or a radical centrist. George Stephanopoulos said of him in 2003, "He's so well versed in politics, and he can't be pigeonholed. I can't be sure whenever I turn to him where he's going to be coming from or what he's going to say." Zakaria wrote in February 2008 that "Conservatism grew powerful in the 1970s and 1980s because it proposed solutions appropriate to the problems of the age", adding that "a new world requires new thinking". He supported Barack Obama during the 2008 Democratic primary campaign and also for president. In January 2009 Forbes referred to Zakaria as one of the 25 most influential liberals in the American media. Zakaria has stated that he tries not to be devoted to any type of ideology, saying "I feel that's part of my job... which is not to pick sides but to explain what I think is happening on the ground. I can't say, 'This is my team and I'm going to root for them no matter what they do.

Sounds familiar to me.....

#14: Re: The Post-American World Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:30 pm
    ----
In other or better words...He can not be trusted...

#15: Re: The Post-American World Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:54 am
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
And do what's going to piss a whole bunch of people off. End the free ride.
watching the news tonight a young fella on there is going to die by 21 because we wont fund the drugs/pharmaceuticals he needs to fight a rare desease the state wont fund it cause it is $500 000 per year...thats a plurry lot of hard earned tax dollars for one person.. he will be dead by 21...so what..that $ will go along way amongst a lot more people in health care. what got me is the way the story was slanted to say the govt funding agencies were wrong to say "no sorry"
I dont believe any country can afford that kind of extra dept burden let alone a small one like ours Shocked

-> Spam-O-Rama