plurry kids
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> General

#1: plurry kids Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:04 pm
    ----
The old saying employ a teenager while they still know everything might just have some merit. Very Happy
I know my spelling isn't the flashest as those of you have seen eggzachary will know Very Happy . Well our computer puts a nice red squiggly line under the words it doesn't recognize and I wrongly thought that just like the teachers red pen at school well I just had too keep guessing till I got it right......WRONG..... I got my son to proof read my last post...well he gave me ars^&*$# about my punctuation and then....the cheeky wee hua right clicked on those squiggly lines and waaaahlaa up popped alternatives including the correct spelling...man do I feel old Sad

#2: Re: plurry kids Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:37 pm
    ----
Sounds like your doing your job correctly Elvis.
But its a bit hard on the ole ego at times.
My 15 yr old is taller, faster than me and in extension everything at school, I'm trying to get him employed as hes eating me out of house and home.

Its called parenthood I'm told.......

#3: Re: plurry kids Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:16 pm
    ----
insanity is hereditary...you get it from your kids Very Happy Very Happy

#4: Re: plurry kids Author: tikkat3 PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:29 pm
    ----
[quote]insanity is hereditary...you get it from your kids Very Happy Very Happy[/quote}
Yes but you get it back with your grandchildren

#5: Re: plurry kids Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:46 pm
    ----
Remind him:

Wink

-DallanC

#6: Re: plurry kids Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:58 pm
    ----
Awesome.. that cup will remind the young one everyday.. Very Happy

#7: Re: plurry kids Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:28 pm
    ----
I want one of those at my desk at work. That'll teach those little cheerleaders.

#8: Re: plurry kids Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:08 pm
    ----
Suz,
Cheer leaders can't learn anything that doesn't start with, "give me a..."
Only real women learn or teach.

#9: Re: plurry kids Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:26 am
    ----
I have the same problem with my grandkids...do it this way Grandad, it will work better, or, would you like me to show you how to do it Grandad...and the latest...if you download this app with your iPhone Grandad then you will be able to ...

I think I'm getting old...I still enjoy writing with my fountain pens and I found a number of nibs for my old pen I learned to write with at school...and I have a glass inkwell.

#10: Re: plurry kids Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:51 am
    ----
A lost art, Vince. A lost art.

#11: Re: plurry kids Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:18 am
    ----
Vince,

If your like me, and forget your fountain pen every once and a while without using it, and the ink dries up. Well it's a PITA to clean it out of the bladder and nib.

If you can see if you can pick up some Noodlers ink, it never actually dries, a quick pumping of water will clean out the pen in no time. It can only bond and actually dry on cellulose which is nice. But once dried it can never be altered as it chemically bonds to it.

As luck would have it, there is a distributor in Kirrawee apparently. The only Australian distributor.

How's that for unsolicited advice? Laughing

Dimitri

#12: Re: plurry kids Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:30 am
    ----
As a lefty I cant use a fountain pen... tip digs into the paper as I have to push it, plus you have to write slower so the ink can dry otherwise your palm smears it. Righty's drag the tip resulting smooth flowing lines.

-DallanC

#13: Re: plurry kids Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:13 pm
    ----
Thanks 'Mitri...Kirrawee is in Sydney...best I check them out. My two pens are a Mont Blanc and a Waterman. Both take cartridges, but I also have a refillable reservoir for the Waterman.

Nothing looks better than nice writing with a quality ink pen.

Never considered that problem Dallan...but with the right nib in a fountain pen it should glide OK. Not sure how you would get around the smearing problem though.

#14: Re: plurry kids Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:33 pm
    ----
According to research (mine) there are more [percentage wise] of left handed people using fountain pens. In fact my father-in-law was a lefty and used a fountain pen daily. God rest his soul.

#15: Re: plurry kids Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:23 pm
    ----
I have a Waterman with a refillable cartridges, and a Esterbrook with a rubber bladder that uses a lever.

I do not use them that often, so the ink "dries" but a pumping of water a couple times cleans them right out and I set them to dry and refill. The fact Noodler's is tamper proof due to it's chemical bonding instead of just surface drying is icing on the cake.

Much nicer process then using the standard iron/pigment inks that gum up inside when they dry.

Dimitri

-> General