Seating Primers
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> Reloading Ammunition

#16: Re: Seating Primers Author: SeniorCootLocation: Melvina,Wisc. PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:04 am
    ----
I didn't think there was any other way to do it but Auto prime-I've done about 700 22-250's this week and will start on my 270's today and 243's later and finally do some 300 win mg and 06--everything else ok for now.

#17: Re: Seating Primers Author: BLASERMANLocation: Baltimore PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:08 pm
    ----
I have two Lee Autoprimes I use one for small primers and one for Large primers.

#18: Re: Seating Primers Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:24 pm
    ----
But Blazerman...They are so easy to change from small to large and back again I have never seen the need to have two...

#19: Re: Seating Primers Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:30 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
But Blazerman...They are so easy to change from small to large and back again I have never seen the need to have two...

I'd like to get a 2nd tray at least for my RCBS so I can keep both STD and MAG sizes around.

-DallanC

#20: Re: Seating Primers Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:40 pm
    ----
Last I checked it is not advisable to store primers in the turn over tray. I have no problem dispencing the primers back into the little boxes. Mostly I never put more then I need to prime what cases that need priming. 50 cases....50 primers in the tray...

#21: Re: Seating Primers Author: IdahomikeLocation: Idaho PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:43 pm
    ----
If I may add my 2 cents worth I'm with Blaine. I have have tried them all and the ram prime is my favorite because I can really feel the primer seat.

#22: Re: Seating Primers Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:13 pm
    ----
Welcome to the forums Idahomike! Very Happy

I hope you stay awhile Very Happy

Dimitri

#23: Re: Seating Primers Author: squirrelbaitLocation: Nottingham, NH PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:11 am
    ----
Bushmaster, damn, you are right on it. It is just too easy to change and I don't need to spend the money. I little planning goes a long way.

-> Reloading Ammunition