M1A reloads
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  :| |:
-> Reloading Ammunition

#46: Re: M1A reloads Author: Rich916 PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:49 pm
    ----
Elvis' I think it was mostly the dies.

#47: Re: M1A reloads Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:18 pm
    ----
ah well no more issues then Very Happy Very Happy
very pleased you have got it sorted.

#48: Re: M1A reloads Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:52 pm
    ----
Ok, you guys and girls convinced me to give it a try. Lee crimping dies are only $13. Looks like I don't have much to lose. But my recommendation still stands. If you are having a cycling problem, Don't Crimp with those all in one bullet seating and crimping dies.

#49: Re: M1A reloads Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:15 am
    ----
I agree. I only use these all in one bullet seating/crimping in a revolver, never for rifles nor for pistols.
And I'm not such a LEE-fan, but I love their engineers and the solutions they bring. If they would only give some more money to their production people so that they could do a better job.
But I've never heard a complain about their factory crimping die and I think you will love that one too. Just pay attention not to crimp too much. You have your set-up to measure the force to pull the bullet out, I can only trust my feelings and they say that just a tiny little touching of the neck will do. Just try to push the bullet deeper afterwards...

SJ, that's the right attitude: alltough you were totally convinced, you still can open your mind for another religion, welcome in the crimping family. And don't forget: when you're shooting all in 1 hole, you still can try to keep that hole smaller. Some game just need a removal of a tick and when you're good enough, you don't have to kill the animal for that Smile

#50: Re: M1A reloads Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:12 am
    ----
Aloysius wrote:
welcome in the crimping family. And don't forget: when you're shooting all in 1 hole, you still can try to keep that hole smaller.

LOL. Aloys, I love you man!

#51: Re: M1A reloads Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:44 pm
    ----
Aloysius wrote:
welcome in the crimping family. And don't forget: when you're shooting all in 1 hole, you still can try to keep that hole smaller.

LOL. Aloys, I love you man!

#52: Re: M1A reloads Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:56 pm
    ----
ok Slim, I think we got the message the first time.

#53: Re: M1A reloads Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:28 am
    ----
Omi, don't care how many times he says he loves me, I'm not going to drop the soap...

Smile

#54: Re: M1A reloads Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:37 am
    ----
I wonder if there is some bug on my computer causing all these repeat posts.The last thing I did when I vivisited this topic was delete another duplication. Dallan?!?!

#55: Re: M1A reloads Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:38 am
    ----
Aloysius wrote:
Omi, don't care how many times he says he loves me, I'm not going to drop the soap...

Smile

Haha Haha Haha Haha

Smart thinking Aloys.

#56: Re: M1A reloads Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:57 am
    ----
I got the Lee crimp dies in. Boy was that easy. Crimping is foolproof! Now, to do some testing.

-> Reloading Ammunition