No staff members are online!

Coppermine Stats
Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820725
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Hunting with a REAL hand gun? What you useing?
Big Game Hunting topics that dont fit other categories
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Big Game Hunting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crackshot

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: Hunting with a REAL hand gun? What you useing? Reply with quote

Any one else? This few people cant be all that hunts with a Hand cannon! wtf

hunterjoe21

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Hunting with a REAL hand gun? What you useing? Reply with quote

My Ruger GP100 6" .357 makes its way into the woods on occasion, although I have yet to fire it in a hunting situation.

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Hunting with a REAL hand gun? What you useing? Reply with quote

Crackshot wrote:
Any one else? This few people cant be all that hunts with a Hand cannon! wtf

Gidday Crackshot, how are you feeling mate?

I would love to be allowed to hunt with ANY handgun, let alone a hand cannon. The Government won't allow handgun hunting out here. The only way you can have a Category H licence (Concealable Firearm) is if you are a member of a certified Pistol Club and the firearm you wish to own is certified for a particular match that your Pistol Club shoots. Bastards!!!

I used to own a TC Contender in 30.30 and I would have loved to hunt with that....it was a magnificent pistol and accurate beyond my capabilities.

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
d_hoffman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Hunting with a REAL hand gun? What you useing? Reply with quote

6" Taurus .357 mag, Starline cases, Hornady 158gr XTP's over 17.5gr of LilGun and Win. small pistol mag primers. 1-1/2" group off-hand @ 25 yards.

I'm trying to find some more Speer 160gr JSP-SWC. They gave me the best performance but they're discontinued for .357. They still make JSP-SWC's for .44. Doesn't anybody have any of these bullets.

Last edited by d_hoffman on Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
TRBLSHTR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Hunting with a REAL hand gun? What you useing? Reply with quote

Sad Vince-sorry about land down under laws,maybe in another ten years they will change again,or like canada nobody will participate with the gov't sanctions.....That being said;when I go out in the backyard(woods)95% of the time I carry a 357mag in 6" of ruger,smith& wesson or taurus flavor loaded with 158grjhp's-to me that is enough to stop anything in the lower 48 states normally! The other 5% of the time I carry a 44 redhawk 6.5"?barrel loaded with 240grjhp's-That is enough to take up the slack that the 357 can't handle!Any critter that can get thru that amount of abuse will just have to EAT ME! Mad
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Hunting with a REAL hand gun? What you useing? Reply with quote

TRBLSHTR wrote:
:sad: Vince-sorry about land down under laws,maybe in another ten years they will change again,or like canada nobody will participate with the gov't sanctions.

Thanks mate. No, they won't change back....the only way they will go is to get worse because the Government has set things up in such a way that they don't need to introduce new laws anymore....they change the existing laws using Regulations which are just a signature without being debated. When we get a Policeman in charge who is an "anti" he can speak with the Police Minister (an elected Official at State level) and as I say, all it takes it a stroke of the pen. Evil or Very Mad

They have looked at hunting and a Private Member's Bill was introduced by one of our Parliamentarians, who the "antis" got onside, and they have banned duck hunting in our State. Trouble is they included every conceivable animal that could be hunted on the list but only "activated" Ducks. Means now all they need to do is "activate" items on that list as they feel like it and there is nothing we can do about it. Mad

As for not participating....you cannot buy a handgun...or any firearm, even an airgun....without Police approval in writing. If anybody was to sell you a handgun, or any firearm (again!), without a Permit to Acquire they would be in the cell beside you. Our current Prime Minister (John "DUBYA" Howard) is a firm supporter of the antis.

We don't have a Constitution like the USA so we don't get a say. Its not a matter of if, but WHEN!!!

Cheers, Vince

K.W.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Hunting with a REAL hand gun? What you useing? Reply with quote

Handgun hunting is illegal in Finland. I am law-abiding and do not hunt with my T/C G2 and Dan Wesson calibers .357m Rem Maximum and 180 gr Hornady XTP-bullets
hunterjoe21

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Hunting with a REAL hand gun? What you useing? Reply with quote

Vince wrote:
TRBLSHTR wrote:
:sad: Vince-sorry about land down under laws,maybe in another ten years they will change again,or like canada nobody will participate with the gov't sanctions.

Thanks mate. No, they won't change back....the only way they will go is to get worse because the Government has set things up in such a way that they don't need to introduce new laws anymore....they change the existing laws using Regulations which are just a signature without being debated. When we get a Policeman in charge who is an "anti" he can speak with the Police Minister (an elected Official at State level) and as I say, all it takes it a stroke of the pen. Evil or Very Mad

They have looked at hunting and a Private Member's Bill was introduced by one of our Parliamentarians, who the "antis" got onside, and they have banned duck hunting in our State. Trouble is they included every conceivable animal that could be hunted on the list but only "activated" Ducks. Means now all they need to do is "activate" items on that list as they feel like it and there is nothing we can do about it. Mad

As for not participating....you cannot buy a handgun...or any firearm, even an airgun....without Police approval in writing. If anybody was to sell you a handgun, or any firearm (again!), without a Permit to Acquire they would be in the cell beside you. Our current Prime Minister (John "DUBYA" Howard) is a firm supporter of the antis.

We don't have a Constitution like the USA so we don't get a say. Its not a matter of if, but WHEN!!!

Cheers, Vince

VERY scary stuff Vince...

It COULD happen here too...

With your permission, I'd like to e-mail this post to some non-believers, just to remind them how fast the anti-gunners can change their world.

Thanks!

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Hunting with a REAL hand gun? What you useing? Reply with quote

No problems mate.

The unfortunate part about the Firearms Laws in Australia is that they will never publicise the fact that the Rules and Regulations can be changed without going through Parliament. Most un democratic I say.

Cheers, Vince

Crackshot

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Hunting with a REAL hand gun? What you useing? Reply with quote

Sorry to hear of these jerks running your country Vince! Your welcome to come to Michigan! I have a house I'll rent to you. Very Happy Its only 1 mile from our local shooting club and 4 miles from the public shooting range. Very Happy

dstegjas
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Hunting with a REAL hand gun? What you useing? Reply with quote

Ohio has been a shootgun and muzzle loader only state for hunting deer during gun season until about 13 or 14 years ago. Once they started allowing pistols I jumped on that band wagon as fast as I could. Here is a list of pistols I use and have used over the years.

Revolvers
Colt Trooper in .357 Mag.
S/W 686 in .357 Mag.
Ruger SBH in .44 Mag.
S/W 629 in .44 Mag.

T/C Contender
.357 Max.
.44 Mag.
.444 Marlin

I also have the Ruger Vaquero in 45 LC with a 5 1/2" barrel. I have never taken it out hunting although I would like too. I doubt I could hit anything with it without sights or a scope. Nice Colt by the way Bushmaster.

Deer season is in 2 weeks here in Ohio. I have already been fondling my Contender. Very Happy

Jim

Last edited by dstegjas on Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
GroovyJack

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Hunting with a REAL hand gun? What you useing? Reply with quote

480 SRH with 2x Loopy

Win75
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: Hunting with a REAL hand gun? What you useing? Reply with quote

I have a S&W 686 with an 8 3/8 inch barrel shooting 180 gr. Nosler Partition-HG's on top of 14.5gr. of Lil'Gun. I have a 2x scope mounted on it.
outlawlineman
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Hunting with a REAL hand gun? What you useing? Reply with quote

I have a T/C Encore 7mm-08 15 inch barrel and a Bauch&Lomb 2x-8x scope. Had a good load for it but "Thank You Tree Huggers" have to start all over as we can no longer use lead bullets here in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornicated Mad
Crackshot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Hunting with a REAL hand gun? What you useing? Reply with quote

Sorry dude! That qualifys as a short rifle, Not a REAL handgun.
Im talking about handguns chambered in Handgun calibers, 45acp, 460 Rowland, 45 Super, 357 magnum 41 magnum, 44 magnum, 440 Corbon, 454 casull, 480 Ruger, 475 Wildey......................

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Big Game Hunting
Page 2 of 4